Rebuild/gasket Kit recomendations

drogon

Oct 29, 2013
Dallas Texas
I tried doing some searching but no luck, I was wondering if anyone has any recomendations on rebuild kits which are good, I have an NA got BHG the other day dont know the condition of the motor yet but I figure may as well rebuild it. Not wanting to drop a whole lot of money just something decent as I plan on buying a GTE swap later on when I have the proper funds to do a rebuild on that(400-500whp goal :evil2:) Also if there is a recomended gasket Kit, I know ill end up buying just the headgasket from toyota or driftmotion but I may as well replace with all new gaskets while its apart just dont want to pay stealership price lol. Thanks in advance for ANY info

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
I believe Drifmotion has a gasket set that is good to use except for the headgasket and you don't need the oil pan gasket. The oil pan just uses FIPG. Don't quote me on this, but I believe this is what most people will recommend.

drogon

Oct 29, 2013
Dallas Texas
Silver MK3;1998868 said:
I believe Drifmotion has a gasket set that is good to use except for the headgasket and you don't need the oil pan gasket. The oil pan just uses FIPG. Don't quote me on this, but I believe this is what most people will recommend.
ok I was looking on there I saw the toyota head gasket but no gasket set that wasnt for the 1j or 2j, ill have to look again more carfully. Youre correct on that, I just resealed mine not too long ago with the motor in the car(a lot more complicated to do) with FIPG.