Rebuild bearing advice please

martyn&tara

supra addicts
Jun 6, 2005
Somerset. England
Rebuilding 7mgte over the winter. Head all done so stripped out a spare block to find crank needs a re-grind on mains and crankpins. Further examination revealed a badly worn crank pulley keyway.
Stripped down a second block. Keyway good but all journals down to a shade under the max allowance ie. crankpins 51.97 and mains 59.85 so it will have to be reground on all journals.
Question is which bearings are best? Looking at 0.25mm undersize on all.
I have done a couple of searches but can't seem to get the info.
Need to know bearing make and where to get them remembering i'm in the UK so the retailer would need to be one that will ship.
Not looking for huge increase in horse power somewhere around 320 ish so a good quality bearing that maybe some of you have purchased and would recommend.
Also, anyone had this keyway problem and successfully had the crank nose rebuilt and machined? Don't want to bin it until every avenue has been explored.
BTW both cranks are 6m.

martyn&tara

supra addicts
Jun 6, 2005
Somerset. England
figgie said:
toyota bearings.. numerous sizes to work with.

Yeah been through all the journal, rod, block reference numbers but due to the journals being on the limit or below across the crank, a 0.25mm undersize makes sense.
Toyota over here is likely to be $400 for bearings. Just needed to know the alternatives.
Done several searches but no supplier info has come up.

martyn&tara

supra addicts
Jun 6, 2005
Somerset. England
martyn&tara said:
Rebuilding 7mgte over the winter. Head all done so stripped out a spare block to find crank needs a re-grind on mains and crankpins. Further examination revealed a badly worn crank pulley keyway.
Stripped down a second block. Keyway good but all journals down to a shade under the max allowance ie. crankpins 51.97 and mains 59.85 so it will have to be reground on all journals.
Question is which bearings are best? Looking at 0.25mm undersize on all.
I have done a couple of searches but can't seem to get the info.
Need to know bearing make and where to get them remembering i'm in the UK so the retailer would need to be one that will ship.
Not looking for huge increase in horse power somewhere around 320 ish so a good quality bearing that maybe some of you have purchased and would recommend.
Also, anyone had this keyway problem and successfully had the crank nose rebuilt and machined? Don't want to bin it until every avenue has been explored.
BTW both cranks are 6m.

Anyone???????????????

martyn&tara

supra addicts
Jun 6, 2005
Somerset. England