rebuild and now no power

7M-KDL

Seeking high numbers
i searched and coulndt find the answer i was looking for. if this has been covered please direct me to th thread. so i rebuilt my motor and am just now getting it put back in the car. the motor is in and the most of the connections are hooked up already. i figured i would hop in the car and turn the key on to make sure my fuel controller and everything came on. nothing came on. now i know not ALL of my grounds are hooked up but i would think that enough are hooked up to give me power inside the vehicle. is there something common i may have missed or is it pretty much "hook up everything, then if it doesnt work you have to take everything back off"? i think i have my battery cables and things hooked up properly and my battery is full but i get ZERO power inside the car, no lights, no nothing. if anyone has ideas please let me know. sorry if this is a stupid post but im anxious. thanks in advance

matt

suprahooked

Built 7M
Jun 20, 2006
pa
The ecu gets it ground from the grounds wires that connect under the intake manifold. You should hook everything up before you try to start the car..

7M-KDL

Seeking high numbers
yeh i have those wires hooked up, the only grounds that are not hooked up are the ones to the transmission. also, not trying to "start" the car just want to make sure all my in-cabin electronics are working. before i completely install only to find out that i have to pull everything out again. i figured out the problem though but thanks for getting back to me quickly