Rear Windshield Wiper

Rob_Supra87

87NAPWR
Aug 3, 2008
Millbrae
So I got my car fixed from a dent it had and for reasons i will never understand he took off the whole rear windshielf wiper......and put it back on wrong so now instead fo sticking up like this I it is like this - lol and it sure does look funny when I turn it on but it isn't that useful lol. So to fix it back do I just unscrew the base? I kindof tried already but didn't have the proper tool to fit it lol

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North
What....Pictures. There is a little plastc cover that pulls off the bottom, and one nut IIRC to remove the wiper. Or are you talking the wiper motor and all?

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
JDM Pre89's had the wiper like that lol my rear wiper doesnt even lift up still havent gotten around to fixing it.

Rob_Supra87

87NAPWR
Aug 3, 2008
Millbrae
actually no lol here is a picture of the back before the accident *ironically the only pic of the rear thatI can show is of my first tire accident lol*

Attachments

• LopSided.jpg
    LopSided.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 28

Kb865supra

May 2, 2009
Yakima, WA
Rob_Supra87;1363449 said:
Here you go lol

Don't loosen that nut. Take the plastic cover off by lightly pulling on the sides and then up on the end of the cover, it should come off pretty easily. There will be a nut holding the wiper on, should be 12mm if I remember right. The wiper arm should come off and then just reposition it on the knurled section of the stud, then install and tighten the nut, which shouldn't take much torque. You will have to hold the wiper down to put the nut on due to the spring tension of the wiper arm.

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North
Kb865supra;1363464 said:
Don't loosen that nut. Take the plastic cover off by lightly pulling on the sides and then up on the end of the cover, it should come off pretty easily. There will be a nut holding the wiper on, should be 12mm if I remember right. The wiper arm should come off and then just reposition it on the knurled section of the stud, then install and tighten the nut, which shouldn't take much torque. You will have to hold the wiper down to put the nut on due to the spring tension of the wiper arm.

While I don't get that, yah pull the plastic off, pop off the nut and turn the wiper. POC.

Kb865supra

May 2, 2009
Yakima, WA
dumbo;1363473 said:
While I don't get that, yah pull the plastic off, pop off the nut and turn the wiper. POC.

That's exactly what I said in just a little more detail. I was just making sure that nothing got broken. The cap is pretty thin plastic and the knurled section that the arm fits on can be stripped if care is not taken when installing it.

Rob_Supra87

87NAPWR
Aug 3, 2008
Millbrae
Thanks for the help! there was a random summer rain here and the water was just collecting so with no rear windshield wiper working I was pretty annoyed haha

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North
Kb865supra;1363497 said:
That's exactly what I said in just a little more detail. I was just making sure that nothing got broken. The cap is pretty thin plastic and the knurled section that the arm fits on can be stripped if care is not taken when installing it.

Ok gotcha, was just a little confused.