rear seat speaker pod.

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
tekdeus;1492533 said:
I think you would get a lot more bass out of these if the rear was left open. You'll notice that lots of factory cars have a 6" speaker and use the entire door as the enclosure and put out lots of bass, because it resonates in the larger volume of the door. When I worked at a car audio store one of our demo boards had small wooden enclosures about the size of yours and we had a tough time selling speakers because they all had no bass in the little space.

id add some poly fill for sure, but what about porting the box? i know it isnt the same as infinite baffle, but i'd rather not have my panels and crap vibrating.

Reiketsukan

Jack of All Trades
Apr 13, 2009
United States
Again, any news? Is there any way we could get pics of the back side of the pod and told or shown how they attach?? This is a concern for me because one of my rear panels pops loose on occasion because the plastic clip that holds it in place is old and worn out.

C7carbon

Banned - Unresolved Disputes
Jul 25, 2009
california
The final version of the panels has mounting points from the out side, comes with screws and the plastic caps for the screws, double side tape is recommend to secure while you insert the screws.
the mouting points go trough the metal on to the body, here are the pictures.

dont mind the wrong shade of gray :biglaugh:

p1579191_1.jpg

p1579191_2.jpg

Group buy going on here:

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?124626-GB-Mk3-rear-seat-speaker-enclosures.

any questions let me know, Thanks.
Paulo.