rear seat delete

daledoe

KILL U
Nov 18, 2005
MAINE
Ya, what bigger bolt??? I mite have forgot(It's been a year cents I took mint out) but I thought there was only those brackets that held the rear seats in!!!

GotToyota?

Dedicated Member
Apr 6, 2005
Texas Motor Speedway
What I wanna do is make it so that I can take out the backseats, but put them back in if I ever have to use them. Like make brackets that the seats could snap into so they could be back to stock-like appearance. Any ideas?

-Matt

bhgmaster

Mar 17, 2006
so cal
really wont be that hard to put the back seats back in its only 3 bolts on the center bracket, 2 bolts for each side bracket and the bottom cushion just "snaps" in... i've already started my project, i'll get pics as soon as i can find a cam to borrow...

dcrusupra87 there were only 3 bolts on my center bracket, just curious, what year is yoru supra??? maybe a difference in the pre 89 and 89+?? thats kinda strange to me...

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
mdf is gonna be heavy as hell if youre using 3/4 inch to build it. to build my box i took measurements and just started working with them and CAD to shape my box. once i got everything sketched out from the sides, front and top it was easy to put together. as for your rear seat space, try putting some cardboard in there to get the general shape you want, then measure from there.

bhgmaster

Mar 17, 2006
so cal
believe me bro its not just sketching it on CAD and drawing it out and cutting... you have to measure, template and cut A LOT of times to get it to fit right, so far i've got the board that comes up from the floor and just the center section of the top and ithe board on the floor took a long time to get it to fit the way i wanted it to

bhgmaster

Mar 17, 2006
so cal
UPDATE, all the pieces are built up after some careful measuring and fitting that was a PITA. over all im pretty hapy with the way it looks so far, just gotta find out how im gonna work the hinge in the center piece for the new storage opening, then we can wrap all of it in some new grey carpeting i bought for 6 bucks a yard at the local store.. i really wish i could take pictures but my camera took a shit... i'll have some eventually guys... wish me luck

bhgmaster

Mar 17, 2006
so cal
all done fellas!!!! i know i need pics to prove it but as soon as i get a cam to use i'll post pictures... only took to days to finish and fit everything, out of those two days about 8 hours total... total cost: 30 bucks looks a lot cleaner without seats back there... plus now theres a small storage space for when the targas in the trunk...