rear end limitations?

tromspert

Oct 19, 2014
PA
i'm pushing around 400whp currently (could possibly be more) and I haven't raised my boost any higher than 10 psi because my rear end can't seem to handle it. she's getting new tires when it gets home but any time I push more than around ten psi I just spin tire and it yanks my rear to left forcing me to shift to gain control in a hooking like manor.
What are the stock rear ends rated for? she seems like she wants to pull away from me any time i'm really on it and anything past 13 on a warm day is out of the question for me.

I have a na-t 2jz swap,57 trim single turbo. walboro and fpr, all correct supporting mods for real power as well.

schmuckingham

Dec 12, 2014
OHIOWN
tromspert;2034924 said:
i'm pushing around 400whp currently (could possibly be more) and I haven't raised my boost any higher than 10 psi because my rear end can't seem to handle it. she's getting new tires when it gets home but any time I push more than around ten psi I just spin tire and it yanks my rear to left forcing me to shift to gain control in a hooking like manor.
What are the stock rear ends rated for? she seems like she wants to pull away from me any time i'm really on it and anything past 13 on a warm day is out of the question for me.

I have a na-t 2jz swap,57 trim single turbo. walboro and fpr, all correct supporting mods for real power as well.

Would say a good set of tires and maybe a refresh on some of the bushings will help. Is it lowered on springs or coilovers?

tromspert

Oct 19, 2014
PA
Eibach sport springs with new kyb shocks is what's on it currently, lowered an inch and a half. Would that make a big difference?

tromspert

Oct 19, 2014
PA
DeMoN2318;2034932 said:
Subframe might be cracked which is twisting and causing your pull...
I do feel twisting as I hammer it but that's always been my experience with fairly powerful cars. Even my buddies Cummins does it when we step on it. But the car has no rust so what would cause it to crack if that is it?

DeMoN2318

May 24, 2012
Arizona
tromspert;2034938 said:
I do feel twisting as I hammer it but that's always been my experience with fairly powerful cars. Even my buddies Cummins does it when we step on it. But the car has no rust so what would cause it to crack if that is it?

power...

my car is virtually rust free and when I dropped the subframe to do the bushings it was cracked in half. I braced and reinforced it and now it pulls straight as an arrow, even under full load.

tromspert

Oct 19, 2014
PA
DeMoN2318;2034939 said:
power...

my car is virtually rust free and when I dropped the subframe to do the bushings it was cracked in half. I braced and reinforced it and now it pulls straight as an arrow, even under full load.

It just got inspected and they put it in the air for the inspection so I feel like they would have caught it but if not how would I go about fixing it? Just brace and have new additional support welded in?

DeMoN2318

May 24, 2012
Arizona
The common place for them to crack is above the diff...so it would be really hard to see without removing it...not impossible but tough...and without looking for it, they might have missed it.

You would have to drop the subframe (actually pretty easy) then weld in some supports. I welded some plates around the area that cracked, then the triangle plates and the cross bars. I then had it all powder coated, but a good coat of paint would work.

might consider replacing the subframe bushings while it is out....

tromspert

Oct 19, 2014
PA
DeMoN2318;2034952 said:
The common place for them to crack is above the diff...so it would be really hard to see without removing it...not impossible but tough...and without looking for it, they might have missed it.

You would have to drop the subframe (actually pretty easy) then weld in some supports. I welded some plates around the area that cracked, then the triangle plates and the cross bars. I then had it all powder coated, but a good coat of paint would work.

might consider replacing the subframe bushings while it is out....

oh yeah I would without a doubt. I don't know if you guys have seen my previous posts but I sold my car and had to repo it back due to lack of payment. I have yet to pick it up from the repo place yet but when I do i'm putting brand new tires on it and then i'll check out the subframe. if it is damaged should I just take it easy on the car for now?

DeMoN2318

May 24, 2012
Arizona
tromspert;2034955 said:
oh yeah I would without a doubt. I don't know if you guys have seen my previous posts but I sold my car and had to repo it back due to lack of payment. I have yet to pick it up from the repo place yet but when I do i'm putting brand new tires on it and then i'll check out the subframe. if it is damaged should I just take it easy on the car for now?

youll be fine driving it, but you should take care of it sooner than later.