rear brake lights

keo

Apr 2, 2005
RI
Wondering what could it be?

My rear brake lights on my cluster is lit, before it wasnt just started today/tonight.
1st i shut off & car start it up, rear brake light on cluster doest lite up but as soon as i step on the brake pedal the rear brake lite on cluster lits up.

Check to see if actually my rear brakes lights are out, us a stick to push the brake pedal down and run to see the brake lights in back,but they are lit and ok.

Turn on headlights all the light in rear are good. emergency, turns are good.

what can it be.. a fuse. (which one, where)

thanks in advance.

keo

Apr 2, 2005
RI
it could be hmm. it rain hard the last few days.
so how can i fix it. buy a new box, blow dry it off.

Aspec

Supra uber alles
Dec 22, 2005
Surprise, AZ
keo said:
it could be hmm. it rain hard the last few days.
so how can i fix it. buy a new box, blow dry it off.

Take the box out, take apart and dry off. If you still have a problem then go to the next step.

If you have ohm meter, and can trace a circuit, and can solder... Then you should be able to check continuity and find the problem in the box and fix it. It may be so obvious that you can see a broken/burnt solder joint(mine was).

Asterix

Lurker of Power
Mar 31, 2005
Vienna, VA
The sensor can't tell if the light is out until you try to light it. That's why the warning light doesn't turn on until you hit the brake pedal. The warning light will stay on until you turn the car off.

Quite often the ground screw on the driver's side light assembly gets loose. You can see it when you pull the assembly out to change the bulbs. When that happens, the lights still work, but the sensor thinks they aren't working. Tighten that screw and your problem may go away. Make sure the contact is clean while you're at it.

Asterix