Rear Add-ons: Spec A & B differences

nitroneon85

Jun 25, 2013
Ohio, USA
Was looking to get rear add ons for my 87 mk3. I searched google and various pic sites, I can't find spec A rears w spec B sides. Everyone that has spec A rears has matching A sides. Does anybody have pics of an A rear w B sides setup. Or any info if they're both around the same dimension on how close they hang down? I want to see if they flow with the square sides, I'm not big on the twisted looking A sides. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Spec A and Spec B... are you talking Shine Auto rear bumper addons? They have a website (google Shine Auto Project) with pics showing the addons. I think I have Spec A... lol.. I cant remember right now.

nitroneon85

Jun 25, 2013
Ohio, USA
Yes I mean shine. I haven't seen anyone else make rear add ons for mk3's. They're website doesn't have good pictures. All they show is rodels car which is black and doesn't show detail well.

nitroneon85

Jun 25, 2013
Ohio, USA
My main goal is to see A rears with B sides on the same car to see if they flow well w eachother. The pics on shine only show A-A and B-B.

nitroneon85

Jun 25, 2013
Ohio, USA
Yeah, you have the rears I want with the sideskirts I don't want. In your knowledge would your rears still line up and flow nicely w the boxy sides?

nitroneon85

Jun 25, 2013
Ohio, USA
How did you attach and smooth in your rears? They look good. Do they fit well or did you have to man handle them or grind me up?

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I had a bodyman do it for me... he's excellent with that. I have absolutely no body skills...

My car is all professionally done. I decided not to do anything myself after I ran into my first home mechanical issue. I don't want the headache of guessing what idiot thing I did that is causing the car to not run properly... lol. This is beyond my scope of personal skills.. im more a computer type guy now... haven't done any true mechanical work for about 20 years... (other than maintenance/brakes, etc..)

I'm lucky because Reg Reimer lives in my city.. so that's who is doing my car mechanically. Bodywise, the guy I have doing all the body/paint is a very OCD personality when it comes to the tiny things (as long as he's not rushed). He took about 4 months to do my car originally because he kept finding small things to touch up prior to paint. Those rear bumper add-ons have been on for almost 3 years now and show no sign of cracks or anything so they are put on really well. I do know its a autobody putty or glue used to make it look stock, not fiberglass.

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
It looks okay :)

p1984028_1.jpg