really F'd up. need help..

7mCooMo

needs boost
Oct 13, 2007
Cali
yea i kno...FML some of the bolts dont have the length. are there diffences between engine year and bolts? or turbo and NA?

Kevin

7mgte -> 7mgte swap done.
Apr 20, 2009
Windsor Ontario Canada
years dont vary. im not sure about n/a and turbo.. but i would think that the only differences would be in parts that would be different between the two.. example the 3000 pipe or like cps or distributor.. etc...
for ones without length.. just go by memory and by what works.. i gueesss lol... unless you have someone else that has torn it apart and sort of memorized the bolts or have another engine there to look at.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Just find a place for them to go. No difference between years or turbo or not. Could even use bolts off different toyotas.

7mCooMo

needs boost
Oct 13, 2007
Cali
Im the only supra head i kno.. well so far so good i guess. im almost done with tagging and bagging the 12mm bolts witch i had the most of. suprising even when i had them all in 1 pile it didnt seem like alot for all the parts i took off. only about 100 to go haha...

can i get 300hp with stock pistons?

NTRA08

TWINKY
Jun 10, 2008
Conroe, Texas
when I take my engines apart I just throw all my bolts in a bucket. In the end its just counting your bolts and your holes. But I have torn into my engines so many times I pretty much know where every bolt goes.

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
Egg cartons or fish tackle boxes and small Tupperware work well. Also gotta have a couple/few of those magnetic base bowls for sockets and "groupings" of nuts and bolts as you remove them. Either that for short-term stuff... or if you're doing it for a LOOONG time (if you are not sure... it will be LONGER than you think) then bag-em and tag-em in Ziplock sandwich bags or use white tape and label tubes, wires, couplers and such.

G/L with the bucket-o-bolts, too...

PS: ALWAYS take SHARP, CLEAR PHOTOS of your motor all together and at stages of dis-assembly. Also get close-ups of key critical things for reference later. These can save the day if done right.;)

-crisp

7mCooMo

needs boost
Oct 13, 2007
Cali
thanks guys thos r all super good tips! lets me kno how much more i f'd up. i will keep all of them in mind next time. ever notice in the supra owners manual it says "u should kno this car as good as the manufachers who made it". i feel like im on my way..lolz. done with 12mm bolts just like 5 i couldnt find on the list...yay... on to 10mm tomorrow.

since im not driving my car all my friends and fams cars r catching up to my car in miles muhuhahaha! all haters on mk3's cant wait to dust them all.

p.s. ALL ur guys cars r SIICCCK!! very nasty gentleman!

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Not that it matters now, but if you can thread the bolt into the hole of a bracket after you take it off, it keeps track of it when you don't. Next time.

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
300 HP is quite a reach, stock pistons or aftermarket.
7mCooMo;1600485 said:
Im the only supra head i kno.. well so far so good i guess. im almost done with tagging and bagging the 12mm bolts witch i had the most of. suprising even when i had them all in 1 pile it didnt seem like alot for all the parts i took off. only about 100 to go haha...

can i get 300hp with stock pistons?

metaphysico

Mad Scientist
Jan 2, 2008
Gainesville, Georgia
I was actually making a full list of where all the bolts and everything went add showing what size and all goes where, but after 2 hours and I still didnt have the head off yet I decided screw the pictures and just go the car done. But as for me I just put them all on a magnet tray, but then again I can always remember where every bolt goes, partially because memory and partially because I have built way too many 7m's. As far as making sure they go in the right place a rule of thumb is when you put the bolt in the hole there should be around 1/4 to 1/2 an inch sticking out of the hole when it hits threads but you have not started threading yet. Not all of them follow this rule but most do.