"real" restoration

dpack138

Poopra
Oct 30, 2007
Rosamond, CA
does anyone hav a mkiii that they kept original...or are trying to restore to original?...most of us want a bad ass supra with tons of pwr....but it would be cool if someone kept theirs original....anybody?....pic?...

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
restomod > restoration

Lot of places that can be improved on our cars and make it MORE reliable. Never seen any full pictures of jetjock's car, but he seems to have done all the reliability mods to his (he bought his new as well)

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
jetjock said:
Not original but close and yeah, bought new. Rolled it off a dealer's lot in June of 87 after becoming $25K poorer. I dunno wtf I was thinking that day ;)

"Damn, self, I really have fantastic taste in automobiles!"

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
Man back when they came out the MK3 was a pretty high class car to be rolling around in, not many people appreciate them too much anymore, at least in this redneck hell I live lol.

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
jetjock;1239206 said:
Not original but close and yeah, bought new. Rolled it off a dealer's lot in June of 87 after becoming $25K poorer. I dunno wtf I was thinking that day ;)

"i plan on being a moderator on supramania one day...."

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
The restoration threads are why I first started looking at this website, no joke.

I spent hours in pure awe of what some of the members have accomplished. If I can ever make enough money and have the time to do a full restoration I will consider one of my life dreams and goals complete.

A70 for life. :)

Jan 26, 2009
Milwaukee
its a good idea. but it isnt dobne much. and jet jock i give you props. these cars back in 87 were the shit. if you had one you were showing you had some deep pockets

Jaychen

Jun 29, 2008
Brisbane
My uncle bought one brand new of the showroom floor in 86. It was for his wife and she wanted something sporty to cruise in, not long after realised there was no room to cart teenage kids around in the back and it sat in his garage until last year when i and my mum went to pick it up.

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
People always talk about how an all original like new supra is so cool...but then they drive it for a little while and realize they get bored with it very fast...

dpack138

Poopra
Oct 30, 2007
Rosamond, CA
it's not cool cuz it's so "fast"....silly!....it's cool cuz it's original...they're are not many left....and someday that will be more "classic" than today....of course speed is awesome....but so is classic and original...like a virgin...wait what are we talking about again?

YotaRob

U.S.Navy
Jun 18, 2008
Great Lakes
100% stock/restored - empty cats, stripped sawblades and radio.
sm_photo_missing.jpg