Re-dynoed on a mustang dyno last week

yota8791

Jan 20, 2009
virginia
supranasty;1501630 said:
Very important Fact Yota8791 . Dont want you to wreck this flying machine you have. Everyone looking are taking notes for sure. Only a reminder...

haha well i hope everyone has there pen and paper lol jkjk guys :biggrinbo
im curious too how would that cause me to wreck?

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
I'm not sure why it's the way it is..but it is how it is. You can't run a slick in the back and a radial in the front. You're fine with drag radials though.
If you're FWD however, you can run slicks in the front with a radial in the back.

For some reason they don't play nice with rear slicks and front radials. :dunno:

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
You can run bias slicks on the back with radials in the front, my friends car was like that and i know many people that run that on occasion.

The problem is bias ply tires and radial tires dont behave the same way, so mixing them can make things interesting.

Im not completely sure but radial tires can give more and they are more forgiving then bias ply tires when it comes to traction. The rear of the car is what gives the car stability during pretty much any driving condition especially turning.

If the front of the car has tires that get more traction then the rear the car will go into a tailspin, pretty much like pulling the parking brake in a turn. Bias ply tires on the rear of a car, if lost traction during a turn i could see being a big problem. Especially if your not expecting it.

supranasty

Yo Daddy
Apr 12, 2005
jamaica ny
nosechunks;1501905 said:
You can run bias slicks on the back with radials in the front, my friends car was like that and i know many people that run that on occasion.

The problem is bias ply tires and radial tires dont behave the same way, so mixing them can make things interesting.

Im not completely sure but radial tires can give more and they are more forgiving then bias ply tires when it comes to traction. The rear of the car is what gives the car stability during pretty much any driving condition especially turning.

If the front of the car has tires that get more traction then the rear the car will go into a tailspin, pretty much like pulling the parking brake in a turn. Bias ply tires on the rear of a car, if lost traction during a turn i could see being a big problem. Especially if your not expecting it.

2x

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
I wish i had that good of a driver mod :( lol.. 11.8 is a very impressive time for the power your making. I know of one other person that ran an 11.2 and they were making right at 400hp. They had a stock turbo but also had a 150 shot of nitrous i believe. and it was an auto car.

yota8791

Jan 20, 2009
virginia
nosechunks;1501905 said:

very interesting

simon

Nov 26, 2009
Joliette,provc. of Québec
Just thinking here, please someone tell me i'm wrong if it's the case. Runnning skinny in the front for small and precise ajustment, and less chance of over correcting because of a smaller contact patch, so less grip? As for running Radial & Bias I did heard it was not good, but never got a satifying or precise explanation ether.

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
running a skinny in the front is usually for weight savings and less rolling resistance.

the reason you don't mix radial and bi-ply is due to the sidewall construction. i have an article somewhere that explains it better. if i can find it i will post it here.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
suprafanatic;1502144 said:
I wish i had that good of a driver mod :( lol.. 11.8 is a very impressive time for the power your making. I know of one other person that ran an 11.2 and they were making right at 400hp. They had a stock turbo but also had a 150 shot of nitrous i believe. and it was an auto car.

I'll give you that good of a driver mod :naughty:

zurud

Apr 10, 2005
Evansville, IN
Congrats . You are one hell of driver. May be you will in the 10's soon in 1/4 mile. I almost gave up on mk3 and 7m. I already bought s13 with sr20det. I have never seen 7m in mk3 with 5sp in the 10's. No matter how much hp they make nobody in the 10's yet.

wardog

R.G.V WARDOG
Jan 19, 2006
ALTON, TX
Congrats on the times you laid down. NOW how is that RUSH anti-lag control work?Can you do a write up ? ITs $200 only thats Fu##en cheap for a antilag. I know most of us dont have antilag system cause of the $400+ dollar price on the MSD DIS4. How hard was it to wire it up? Let us know soon Hint th SUPRA NATIONALS is just around the corner :).

yota8791

Jan 20, 2009
virginia
wardog;1511065 said:
Congrats on the times you laid down. NOW how is that RUSH anti-lag control work?Can you do a write up ? ITs $200 only thats Fu##en cheap for a antilag. I know most of us dont have antilag system cause of the $400+ dollar price on the MSD DIS4. How hard was it to wire it up? Let us know soon Hint th SUPRA NATIONALS is just around the corner :).

this is the simplest anti lag ever it is a 3 wire hook up, power, ground, and camshaft position wire. its really nice im running mine through a button insted of through the clutch i find it much more convenient that way. id love to go to the nationals but texas is a long trip from virginia lol

yota8791

Jan 20, 2009
virginia
zurud;1511001 said:
Congrats . You are one hell of driver. May be you will in the 10's soon in 1/4 mile. I almost gave up on mk3 and 7m. I already bought s13 with sr20det. I have never seen 7m in mk3 with 5sp in the 10's. No matter how much hp they make nobody in the 10's yet.

thanks man, i really hope to be in the 10's if not high 9's by march ;), and to my knowledge i think im the only 5spd mk3 7m in the state of va to go 7's in a 1/8th milie, 7.64@92 at natural bridge.

zurud

Apr 10, 2005
Evansville, IN
I will get that anti lag. On your video, the nose of the car does not come down like typical manual turbo car when shifting. I probably loose a good 0.5 second just to shift. My car go up and down at the track when shifting. Will the antilag keep you in boost when you push the clutch down?

Thanks