Random Rev Limiter

shaodome

Aug 22, 2009
FL
Here is the rundown on the setup: Aristo ECU, 2jzGTE, PT6265, 750s, denso pump, emanage ult, hks dli (new), BC 264 cams....

I first noticed this at the track (first time I was really pushing the car hard since building it...other than the dyno). If I launch the car or just roll into full throttle in first gear, when i shift to 2nd it'll hit the equivalent of a rev limiter between 3800-4200rpm. If I leave my foot planted at WOT, the car will continue to hold the limiter (with no power of course) until I step out of it. Reapply throttle and the car rockets away. Typically will only do this in 1 gear doing down the track....on the 1-2 shift, but since installing the cams I was playing with it more and can make it happen pretty regularly in the above mentioned spot. Its almost right like when it crosses into positive pressure.

I have NO idea what this could be. No codes are stored on the ECU.

Any ideas?

Its not boost cut as that is a much more "violent" type of cut.

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
hows you AFR? my 7m did that and also same with my friends mk4 it was running way to rich and cuts out its like a safety with stock ecus when you running really really rich! i was at 8.2afr!!

it feels like you had hit a brick wall? and the car randomly jerks up and down?

also have you checked your plugs lately? and the gap also?

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
The aristo has a limiter at 4k that you cannot go over if you are in neutral or park. The ecu thinks you are in park, ground out the nss.

JPsToyota

Sep 17, 2008
East-Central, FL
foreverpsycotic;1433320 said:
The aristo has a limiter at 4k that you cannot go over if you are in neutral or park. The ecu thinks you are in park, ground out the nss.

Mine was at 5500, but yes, this might be your issue. All I had to do was cut a wire for this issue, no grounding, but it's a miracle my car even runs with the mess of a wiring harness it has. So who knows.

I will try to check what pin # ended up making the difference, I can't remember.