Rakkasan's car in SoCaL? **PICS** (56k go to sleep)

jdmk3_87t

Take it!
Apr 29, 2005
SoCaL
So I went to P.J. Bonifacio's Body shop in Socal and I see a white mk3 supra parked, rocking the 4x4 stance, I walk up to it and I see a supramania sticker with the screen name "Rakkasan" up top...I was like this guy is from the forums, but then I say to myself, "Isn't this guy out of state though"...I was like, "What was his car doing here at a body shop in socal?" PJ comes up and tells me that this was shipped to Driftmotion from Florida to have a 1j swap and now it was getting body work and a paint job done to it. I was like "holy shit"... Rakkasan had his car shipped all the way to Socal from Florida to have his 1j swap done by Driftmotion and then get a whole paint job by the infamous PJ Bonifacio. I was like, "This guy must have either won the lottery or is really pissed off with his money." :biglaugh: Props to this guy...I cant wait to see his car all done and ready! Anyways...I thought I should post this because I believe that with all the bullshit that Jose and Aaron go through in the forums, people do not see how much work, effort and dedication that they go through to put into these cars, aside from that..they have PJ Bonifacio do the paint and body work for them too!

Its crazy what people can do with money nowadays. hehe! Rakkasan... I'm looking forward to seeing your car completely done! Cheers to you!

p474886_1.jpg

p474886_2.jpg

p474886_3.jpg

Another 1j! Cheers to Driftmotion!
p474886_4.jpg

Last edited:

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
I think most of us knew he did that but its great to see pictures, and that it got to SoCAl safetly!!!!!! I wish I could find another SM sticker other than my own in Fargo.....:3d_frown:

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
Small world LOL

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34788

Mark just went into the service again and has several months of non stop schooling to go through. We sold him the 1jz and some other parts for the swap and he put the engine in the car with the help of a local guy (we'll call this guy "John"). They could not get the job finished in time so he called us because we had been talking about the install from the beginning and he didn't mind paying for shipping because he knew we could finish the install and install his turbo kit that is on the way from MDC, plus make the exhaust and change the rear main seal. The car was dented on the car trailer on the way over here so that is getting fixed at PJ's along with a new paint job. I was telling Mark that PJ is the man when it comes to painting Toyotas, so it's nice to see other SM people are getting work done there as we speak. :) It is going to be a bright white color when it is done.

"John" owes me a set of fuel injectors that Mark already paid for, hopefully they show up here soon.

Last edited:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
You can shop around, but I think it's like $500.00-$900.00 depending oh when you need it done. If you can wait a few weeks then you can get it done cheaper. They'll give you free quotes on the web from like three or four companies.

Maybe "John" will step up and do what's right.

The last picture in the first post, shows the same bov that I have. Is that 90degree bend made for that bov, or did he just weld a flange onto the 90 degree bend? Does anyone know. I know that Aaron sells straight kits made for each bov, but I haven't seen a 90 made like that. It's hard to tell in the picture what it is, but I bet he's had an adapter welded into the 90.

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
I sent just "John" $25 to ship the injectors so now there is no reason I will not get them.

Suprahero is exactly right about the shipping. If the car can drive onto the trailer the price is usually several hundred dollars less.