Rakkasans build, part III (project torque)

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
suprahero;1289599 said:
Great job so far Mark. I wish you lived closer so I could help you out. I'm one of the best flashlight holders in the world.

Thanks Jay. The only thing that I'm worried about is the harness. I suck at wiring, and to make mattes worse, I had a two month pause while working on it, so I'm not 100% certain it's correct. 90% maybe, but not 100%

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
LOL, I found this (and others) while going thru my wife's pc. The 7M I was about to install before going 1JZ......
sm_photo_missing.jpg

7m master

Jul 15, 2008
Bahrain
rakkasan;1290176 said:
LOL, I found this (and others) while going thru my wife's pc. The 7M I was about to install before going 1JZ......
sm_photo_missing.jpg

man im searching for an intake like that one but i havent

i would like to buy one like that for my 7m with good price not an expensive

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
That's a good looking assembly there Mark..........:love:

7m......you probably won't find a good FFIM that is cheap, but good luck either way.

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
suprahero;1290615 said:
That's a good looking assembly there Mark..........:love:.

Thanks dood, I have more pictures I'll throw up later. I'm glad I went with the 1j though
suprahero;1290615 said:
7m......you probably won't find a good FFIM that is cheap, but good luck either way.

LOL, it won't be cheap. Ron's manifolds usually sell more than the original purchase price. They are works of metallurgic art

7m master

Jul 15, 2008
Bahrain
rakkasan;1290665 said:
Thanks dood, I have more pictures I'll throw up later. I'm glad I went with the 1j though

LOL, it won't be cheap. Ron's manifolds usually sell more than the original purchase price. They are works of metallurgic art

you know in bahrain nobody doing this type of manifolds,i searched and found one piece on ebay with 1000 bugs which not in that much quality that deserves that much of money

so do you remember how much have brought yours ?

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
Quick update.

The injectors are wired into the harness and the harness has been been cleaned up. The accessories on the front of the motor are installed, I just have to get a drive belt that fits the ATI harmonic balancer.

Also, I bought a bunch or SS braided lines from Aaron, and I just ordered a new 67mm turbo :)

alas, I won't be able to do any more work on it until Saturday, May 16th. I'm in a school that is commanding every second that I have....

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
OK, I'm back again after a 3 month absence. I've been stuck doing schools so there has been minimal progress since January.

I picked up another turbo to better match the 1.5jz. My 60-1 was perfect for my 1jz, but I couldn't take advantage of the 1.5's increased displacement with it. The new turbo is a 67mm from Driftmotion. It looks very nice and I can't wait to drive the car with it.

the other motor pics are older, so some of the latest progress isn't shown. I've installed the 1JZ oil boss coolant line and some other same things. I'm at the point w nopw where I'm just goinig over things again and making sure that I didn't miss anything. I think that it's ready to be dropped in!

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Looking good Mark..............:love:

I can't wait for you to get it running and you get to feel the power of that 67mm and the extra power of the three liter. Hopefully you'll get a little bit of time to work on it since you're so close to getting it running.

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
honestabe;1336695 said:
Needs some aluminum pulley's and header wrap Mark. I like it, looks sexy. I'm so jealous.

header wrap is possible, but not the pulleys. They don't offer any return for their money and frankly I've already spent three times as much as I anticipated on this motor. I'm happy with it though, any part that moves is either new or rebuilt with the exception of the A/C pump....

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
rakkasan;1336704 said:
header wrap is possible, but not the pulleys. They don't offer any return for their money and frankly I've already spent three times as much as I anticipated on this motor. I'm happy with it though, any part that moves is either new or rebuilt with the exception of the A/C pump....

I bought a 2"x100' roll of header wrap on ebay for $28 shipped. Just get the aluminum pulleys for the PS and alternator. You'll drop a couple pounds.