raising boost getting past the fco

boosted2085

I was spoolin :(
Mar 1, 2009
houston,tx
i bought a 90 7mgte auto(looking for a r154) about a month ago.it had a lexus afm,turbo from a diesel(have no prob with it,heard people talk trash bout em,huge spool,not much lag),2.5" elbow,3" straight pipe,was overboosting,2.5 ic piping,huge ic,hks bov,.20 over bore,mhg,arp studs,440cc inj.since purchased i put a greddy profec b spec II(6-8psi low,10psi hi),boost gauge,walbro 255(12v mod),just installed aeromotive fpr,hid's(8k)magnaflow hi flow(3in/out),took out all the ac components(ac was jacked up any way,plus if i get hot ill just go a lil faster:evil2:.

i raised the fp(45 wo vac)and still hitting fco,idk if im supposed to back the screw out half way,right now its all the way in shimmed with an extra screw.i want to boost still 6-8psi low but i want maybe 13-15psi hi.need some help on this situation.if im able to hit 13-15 psi are these mods capable of running that psi safely?

blk92suprat

J Zizzle
Jul 6, 2008
USA
you have to run 550cc injectors with the lexus afm or you will run lean
or
have some type of fuel controller if your sticking with the 440's(not the safest way to go as the stock aged injectors will really be stressed past fuel cut.

It is also wise to get a wideband once you start changing fuel components and a/f ratios.

oldschool85

1fstmk2
Mar 30, 2005
Denver, PA
just like others have suggested. Put the 550's in and you should be good to go. Your diesel turbo is probably alot bigger than the stock ct26 hence the reason you are hitting fuel cut at low boost pressures.

charlie