Raised Cowl Hood Feeler Thread (DO U WANT ONE)

Would like to have a hood like this?

• Yes

Votes: 23 71.9%
  • No

Votes: 9 28.1%

• Total voters

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
CentralComposites;1652382 said:
But please please please will someone order red carbon kevlar!!! :D

This would be friggin sweet on a red car, but mine's gonna be all black and cf... Might make mention of that in the GB thread or PM the people on the list to see if anyone's interested in that option. Sounds like you have some old stock huh?

te72;1652412 said:
Sounds like you have some old stock huh?
No... I would love to have some laying around though! Im going to wrap the fenders on my old truck.

I saw a post in the official thread that asked about me posting samples. Im going to get to finding some good pictures now and they should be up before the day is over. I'll get with kenny to put them on the other thread.

Here are the pictures I promised:
p1652610_1.jpg

These are the 2x2 Twill fabrics.
p1652610_2.jpg

These are plain weave fabrics
p1652610_3.jpg

These are some Carbon/Kevlar hybrids. There are more colors out there so if you have something specific in mind PLEASE SAY SO IN ADVANCE

***Customers who do not specify will get plain weave 12k 2x2***

Chambers

Now you know
Sep 9, 2007
Baltimore County, Maryland
ok, WOW!

Bad ass selection!

I'm suddenly feeling the white/black plain weave over the standard CF. Does it have a name? I would like to see a photo of it at a distance to get a feel for what a large surface area would look like.

Chambers;1652626 said:
ok, WOW!

Bad ass selection!

I'm suddenly feeling the white/black plain weave over the standard CF. Does it have a name? I would like to see a photo of it at a distance to get a feel for what a large surface area would look like.

The white is actually a Carvon/Fiberglass hybrid... I thought it was Carbon/Kevlar but it seams I was wrong. There is nothing wrong with it as far as stregnth goes, its just not kevlar... Im trying to find a Carbon/Texalium but I cant seem to find a supplier. I'll keep looking.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
What is this Texalium you speak of? Looks like anodized aluminum with a CF pattern to it to me...

Anyway, got the pictures I was hoping for, for my hood's vent setup. Could you PM me an email address for you Marcus, so I can send the pictures?

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
My deposit is in... I really don't want/need two of them either. Plus, I'd feel a bit like a cool parts hoarder if I did that.

A deadline has been set! If you want a hood for $700 + shipping, you will need to have your order in paid in full by February 15, 2011. If you would like to wait to get one (and see how they turn out) you will have to pay $850 + shipping. These hoods will be a very nice addition to anyone's MKIII. I will also be building matching Targa tops (skins) headlight bezels and the front valance for those that get in early at a discounted rate.

Get in while you can