Radio Problems.

supra_man87

EL GUAPO
Nov 15, 2007
So. Col.
Ok so i have a feeling this might have to go in the audio section but i'll try the general section first. (more traffic).

So i had to replace the heater core on my 86.5, and before i put everything back in, i checked my radio to see it i was getting a good connection, in which i was, everything was fine, now after i put the dash in, i go to take my car for a test drive, and notice my radio is acting up. I get no audio from my speakers. I have a sub and that is working fine, it just thumps bass to the beat, the cd player display is normal just no audio from speakers. Ideas??????

Drake69

Enjoyin' mah ride...
Aug 24, 2009
Richmond, Virginia, United States
supra_man87;1406877 said:
Ok so i have a feeling this might have to go in the audio section but i'll try the general section first. (more traffic).

So i had to replace the heater core on my 86.5, and before i put everything back in, i checked my radio to see it i was getting a good connection, in which i was, everything was fine, now after i put the dash in, i go to take my car for a test drive, and notice my radio is acting up. I get no audio from my speakers. I have a sub and that is working fine, it just thumps bass to the beat, the cd player display is normal just no audio from speakers. Ideas??????

Loose connection on the radio wiring harness maybe. Check all your wiring there for loose/pulled out wiring.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Yea something came out when you put in the dash prob pulled the speaker wire out the harness behind the radio more then likly just got caught on something.

Drake69

Enjoyin' mah ride...
Aug 24, 2009
Richmond, Virginia, United States
supra_man87;1406992 said:
Do you know which plug it is that goes into the fuse box?

No, not a power relay, but part of the harness to the radio itself. Like it's been said, you probably pulled out something when you put the dash back up, as there is a rat's nest of wires and stuff behind there. You should be able to just pull apart the front center console area where the radio and environment controls are and check the connections to the back of your radio. Tighten everything up and then start the car and see if you get sound, then work your way back from there if still no go.