Radiator???

Feb 16, 2007
TN, USA
Ok searched but none of them were straight forward enough. 1. Is the radiator form a 7mge any different from a 7mgte? If so will a 7mge rad work? also just flushed the system and refilling but I know I still have air in the system how do i get it out where do I bleed the line at or as some ppl say burp? Thanks for the help. Also i had another thread up asking about wiring an electric fan. I've managed to wire it up to a swtich, but I want to know where the easiest spot is so I can wire the switch inside the car vs under the hood where its at now.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
should be the same, lift the front end on jackstands and run the car. air should come out of the top

i say a good spot for the switch is the coin holders :) easy to take out/drill holes in for a switch. you can run the line through the fender with the other harness thats already there and the wires go right behind it.

technically the only difference between radiators is manual and automatic... even then i have ordered manual and gotten automatic.... ah well to that doesnt make much of a difference.

Shawndude

Mar 30, 2005
Van BC
In a healthy system the coolant system will "burp" itself at higher RPM. The flow velocity in the radiator is very low due to the large area, so the air will accumulate there automatically. You may have to add coolant to the radiator once it does.

If you have leaks anywhere or even a minuscule BHG symptoms, it will never purge properly.

Shawndude

Mar 30, 2005
Van BC
Forgot to mention. The factory and most aftermarket radiators are different for the GTE and GE. GTE has a thicker core than the GE, but everything else is the same.

Ckanderson said:
Shawndude?
Your HERE?

Looks like it, Helloooo! :love:

Shawndude

Mar 30, 2005
Van BC
mkIIIforeverdrifting said:
so w/ a thinner core is it properlly cooling my 7mgte?

Most likely not at higher altitudes or high load, or at very high sustained speeds, or in very hot climates.

The MKIII can use all the cooling capacity it can get.