radiator?!?!

esc

WUM WUM!
Mar 30, 2005
Winston, NC
I need a radiator, OEM spec or aftermarket I don't care. Mine has 2 cracks in it and since it's plastic, it'll only get worse.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
JZ swapped guy?
If you have a decent amount of power or you are looking to eventually make more, or if you run in the heat or autocross, I'd probably recommend the Koyo race rad for the JZA70.

esc

WUM WUM!
Mar 30, 2005
Winston, NC
hmm, cheaper than a fluidyne as well....thanks

err....

Note: May require extensive modification due to increased core thickness.

that's not exactly appealing. anyone have anymore info on this one?

streetknight

rip ssb
Mar 30, 2005
melbourne, fl
well i have spoken to a person on sf a while ago and he had a howes rad heres the part # HRE-34224 thru summit. its pretty much set up like the stock just a bit thicker because its a dual row. but its inlet is on the driver side and out let is on the lower pass. its a cheaper alternative im going to go with one when i get a chance(get to that point performance wise). plus i already have a elec. fan that gives me 2900cfm which is alot more then most others for a 14" fan.

ma71supraturbo

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Redding, CA
www.geocities.com
The Koyo was made for the 1jz Supra, so it'll drop right in for you. For 7m-powered cars, you have to plug a bung on the bottom of the radiator that is used for the 1jz coolant temp sensor. Give me a call on monday and mention Supramania :)

esc

WUM WUM!
Mar 30, 2005
Winston, NC
i'm a little short on cash right now, I start a new job at Volvo this week so I'll be gettin some nice paychecks very soon. How bout I call you then

joey_daze

KILL UR CORPORATE MASTERS
Apr 6, 2005
Tung Chung, Hong Kong
ma71supraturbo said:
The Koyo was made for the 1jz Supra, so it'll drop right in for you. For 7m-powered cars, you have to plug a bung on the bottom of the radiator that is used for the 1jz coolant temp sensor. Give me a call on monday and mention Supramania :)

You will still have to shave your rubber mounts down a little to get the koyo to fit properly.

Check this place out... better prices that HPF

http://www.absoluteradiator.com/ProductPage.asp?idProd=36

esc

WUM WUM!
Mar 30, 2005
Winston, NC
this post is about old as balls but what the hell. Yea I got the Koyo a while back from HPF...and, it was so much of a tight fit that I bent some of the fin thingys putting it in (cuz of the stupid cross bar in the front that goes over the condenser). So I'm just waitin on it to get warm so I can take it back out and get someone to fix it. (doesn't hold water at all). life sucks

SupraSpeed

Apr 1, 2005
Denton
it doesn't hold water? they koyo radiator or what? did you plug the hole up on the bottom for an aftermarket temp sensor?

esc

WUM WUM!
Mar 30, 2005
Winston, NC
Supra: like I said, i kinda broke it putting it in. I think I ripped some of the fins or whatever you call them on the front and it leaks water out there. Gotta get it welded up. I know of a guy who welds aluminum for aircrafts and stuff and will repair it pretty cheap, gonna get him to do it. just have to take it back out...but too damn cold outside to do it, lol.