Radiator Replacement

Matt/supra

Jun 15, 2012
Bakersfield
So I have been reading the forums all morning and cant find a straight answer. That is why I am here, i am needing to upgrade from the stock 2jz gte to a high performance radiator. The car makes 650 to the rear wheels, and the stock radiator isn't enough. I have found two online and I just wanting some help in which one I should go with, or one that i haven't found yet. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
I don't think you'll find anyone who's bought a Koyo and been unhappy with it. Yes, they are a bit pricey, but they are worth every penny. The Mishimotos are theoretically a decent alternative minus the fact that they have potential fitment issues. After redesigns with involvement from the MK III community they still somehow manage to catch fan blades.

Matt/supra

Jun 15, 2012
Bakersfield
radiod;1870458 said:
I don't think you'll find anyone who's bought a Koyo and been unhappy with it. Yes, they are a bit pricey, but they are worth every penny. The Mishimotos are theoretically a decent alternative minus the fact that they have potential fitment issues. After redesigns with involvement from the MK III community they still somehow manage to catch fan blades.

well money isnt the problem i just want a good radiator for the amount of power that i am pushing so.

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
I have a Koyo and I love it.

The only thing to remember there is that for a 7M you'll need a plug for the temp sensor location used for the 1JZ hydrofan. Some people have used a 3/8" NPT plug, but that's not it, it's a metric 16mm thread. I don't remember off hand if it's a 1.25mm or 1.5mm thread pitch, but I think 1.25mm. I got one from the "drain plugs" section at the local PartSource.