radiator light....

supra4ever68

Dec 6, 2006
Anaheim, CA
I have put coolant in it and the light always stays in...can this be a bad thermostat or radiator cap? any suggestion would be apreciated...i also got as new wire for the sensor on top of the thermostat housing...and with what can i check if the wire is working? if with an ohmeter, what setting should i put it on?
i don't know what i am measuring so please help me out yo...i don't wanna go buy one and not even need it...

Frank Rizzo

Banned
Jul 25, 2007
Fixing your girl's car
The only thing the radiator light does is tell you when the overflow is empty.

If you have coolant in the overflow and the light is still on, the sensor is bad. Never had to order one from the dealer but I'd put money on having to buy a whole new overflow bottle to get the sensor from the dealer. OR theres always the junkyard yet I've never seen a MK3 at my local yards....

Or just unplug the sensor and the light will go off.

supra_ed

May 30, 2006
ohio
my light stayed on because the one of the wires (there are 2) that come from the low coolant sensor in the bottom of the resevoir broke. i didnt even try to fix it i just got a new resevoir out of the junk yard

supra_ed

May 30, 2006
ohio
supra4ever68 said:
what are you trying to say?
maybe a malfunctioning coolant overflow jug will directly cause all 6 rods to simultaneoulsy shoot out the side of ur block while the car is parked in the garage???!!!!!! at least thats the only thing i got out of it