Radiator in the back?

Hey everyone, I haven't posted in forever but always check up to see how peoples builds are going.

We all know that money can accomplish anything here. And this is a really inventive post.

Barrowing from the LFA, what's the benefits of having the radiator in the back. I know STS turbos sit in the back of the cars. Would there be problems getting the coolant pumping quick enough to and from the back of the car? You'd probably need vents like the LFA unless you put it on the outside behind the rear bumper. But then you have problems the gas tank and exhaust on a mk3.

Just a little goofy idea, wondering what other peoples opinions are? And what's the point would be, like it is on the LFA

Working on mine right now :) you can mount it at an angle in the trunk or under the car but would have to move the gas tank which would be too much work. If someone needs the weight distribution, just like running the battery to the back. If all it takes is running two hoses then it might be a good option. might be a lot more work to build vents though. I'm not sure how much cool air a radiator needs if at all. LFA has the big vents under the tail lights which helps. Just a few ideas :) maybe someone would find it useful. Maybe I'd need it one day..

EDIT: FORGOT ABOUT THE FAN!!! alright! a lot harder than I was thinking.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
^ Well, you could get past that with a good quality, high CFM electric fan. However, I see no point in doing this. You'd have to section off the back of the car from the cockpit anyway, otherwise it'd be like your heater on 10x the amount the heatercore can produce. LOL.

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond
Do it like this, Russian cast iron home-radiator y0.
41Q5r382t445w2y9j104.jpg

05i426a3y671s2K3k1w3.jpg

Sorry.

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
^ Lmao. As much time as I've spent over there I'm still amazed by what they do. Reminds me of a guy I know who mounted a room window AC unit on his car and ran it off a small gas generator in the trunk.

I own a rear engined car with the rad up front. Backwards to what's being mentioned here but still lots of crazy plumbing that's a pain to keep leak tight. Not something you want to have...