Rad Fan Controllers

MrOizo

May 24, 2008
Auckland, New Zealand
What have you guys that have gone with electric fans used for controlling them?

I had a imitation Pivot Fan controller and that doesnt seem to output enough voltage to trip the fan relay.

Just one of the little things thats holding me back!!!

Anyways what have you guys used?

MrOizo

May 24, 2008
Auckland, New Zealand
I have everything ready apart from the controller as i had a davies craig unit in there initially. that wasnt the best as it got water in it and then was on full time :/

will have a look around ebay for something suitable.
cheers.

SySt

Mar 30, 2005
Burnsville, Minnesota
EBay is where I found my fan, I'lllet everyone else learn from the experience. But a note about water, it is non-conductive to electricity. The only way one can claim H20 conducts any electricity is to claim it is not pure.

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
Hayden and Flex-a-lite makes two real good fan controllers. Anyone who uses flex-a-lite fans uses their controller as it has a temperature probe and all relays built into it.
I did put an extra realy in between fopr a manual switch when I had my 7m.
I don't recommend any wire gauge higher than 10 gauge. these wires canmlet over time.

str8_6

master yuepeng
Mar 14, 2007
wa
look up spal fan controller

good cost, REAL good quality, comes with EVERYTHING you need except for basic tools.

the best thing about this controller is that you can use your existing water temp gauge. no need to mount an additional sensor somewhere. the device will automatically turn on when it sees a certain voltage (that you decide)..and auto turn off once it sees that it cools down.

the only problem i had was it wouldnt work with my after market gauge for some reason.

di_rosa

never ending project ...
Apr 2, 2005
toronto
+1 for the flex-a-lite controller. no problems here, just a bit big, so i put it under the rad support.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
r901a.gif