racing seats lol

87tomanymods

87tomanymods
Oct 25, 2008
lansdale
www.myspace.com
if you have a welder & metal stock for the brackets and the know how any seats will fit, but good luck geting the lower frame off the old seats .what ever you do make shure the seat hight is right before welding ,and dont rig it up with long bolts in the floor, and 100 washers . good luck. oh and the stock driver seat is heavy as hell def worth replacing with a 2nd pass seat

Last edited:

88-7MGTE

Ok so let me tell you about my experience with cheap seats, they will start to wiggle alot in a period of time the reclining will brake:) yes i have some Bomz racing cheap seats but i got them for free so i use it until i can save up for some bride seats, or recaros that i found for 250 each, don't buy cheap ones you will end up with just throwing your money out the door.

THEY WERE FREE
I did a good job on brackets tho. :)

Attachments

• seats.JPG
    seats.JPG
    100.2 KB · Views: 119

supra88gr

Sep 10, 2008
s dub
ok sorry i dint read the hole page. what seats are you guys using? and if you have please post some pics. and also where did you buy them from?

supra88gr

Sep 10, 2008
s dub
my car is gutted and i just got my role cage for it. i am trying to save some weight cause i know how heavy the stock one are exc. the drivers

enjoi.this

Formerly ChrisC
Aug 18, 2008
Kelowna, BC
Id be a little scared putting something of that price which holds me from going through a windshield.. Save some $$ and pick up some used quality products. maybe get a decent set for $400?

EdT.Mk3

Sorta Secret Supra
Aug 21, 2008
San Diego
If I was to spend the time and money gutting the car into... whatever it is that you're doing... which is probably something that involves going fast, I'd definitely dish out some $$$ to stop a forced sumo headbutt through the windshield.

Because nobody wants to wreck their face and damage their good looks. All of us here at SM are good looking and wouldn't want that. :icon_razz

-Ed.T

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Seriously.... Get some decent seats....

Which means spend at LEAST $500 on a new pair or at least half that before shipping on a used pair... The weight savings of a cheap aftermarket seat and a plain old stock seat are not worth anything near your life.

Be smart.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Here just buy this and turn it over and sit on it, its probably more comfortable and safer....

0082-bucket5gal.JPG

MA71

Nov 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
Dude seriously, a Sparco Sprint is barely over $200 and is FIA approved. Cheaping out on something that holds your life is that LAST thing you want to do.

And to the guy who got the Bombz seats for free, that is still No reason to rock them. You got them for free, great, sell them for a profit. But there is no way I'd sit in those over stock seats if I was paid to do it...