Racing my Supra

Shadow

87 1JZ-GTE Single Turbo
May 25, 2005
Windsor, Ct
I just moved to the LA area and I'm interested in racing my 500hp supra in some kind of road coarse racing. Anyone out there have any suggestions?

Spudboy

Nov 25, 2006
So. Cal.
Shadow said:
I just moved to the LA area and I'm interested in racing my 500hp supra in some kind of road coarse racing. Anyone out there have any suggestions?

The one club I have ran with, and it's been great is;

http://www.speedventures.com/

Sorry I didn't see your post sooner. I just ran with them Dec. 2 at California Speedway ROVAL road course. Very high speed. Good for a 500HP car.
Check out the speedventures site. Next event is Streets of Willow Springs (SOWS) I'll be there Jan. 5 with my wimpy 300hp '88 Supra. Streets of Willow track is a really, really fun track. The big track later that month is higher speed stuff. If you have never driven a car on a true road course I highly recommend SOWS first to at least get your feet wet.

This is 'track-day' stuff. Not real tradin' paint racing. Transponders and timing et al. Very well oranized yet casual and fun as hell. Check out the web site and let me know if you have questions.

And remember...If you have NO FEAR...you're not going fast enough!

prsrcokr

Motörhead
Apr 3, 2005
Richmond
Be careful on a Roval with that kind of power. I ran a series on an oval this year (rovalcross) and you've got to keep some composure when near the walls, they don't budge :)
I've been a little loose near them and it's a different feeling than doing so in an area without walls. If you're just learning you should be driving beyond your comfort zone anyway, that's what auto-x in more open areas is for (and out of respect for the others on track with you)
Don't worry, you will go plenty fast just by listening to your instructor and learning the line, before you know it you'll be one of those guys that looked really fast at first ;)

Check out www.Nasaproracing.com, they are in many areas of the US and have DE's (driving events) for getting into the sport.
Brian