R154 Wont go into gear

duntov1

Sep 5, 2007
PA
Engine is running but wont shift into any gears. Tried to re-bleed slave slave cylinder. No air. Removed inspection cover and can see the disc moving away from the flywheel when pedal is depressed. Then I found the plate that goes between the engine and bellhousing laying in the corner of the garage. I'm thinking that that plate could make the difference in the clutch dis-engaging. So I've removed enough bolts and stuff to slide the tranny off the dowel pins. Well I can't get the plate in at the moment and after taking a closer look, I can't see there being enough room to install that old 7M plate. Soooo, any suggestions?
Thanks,
NEil

duntov1

Sep 5, 2007
PA
GrimJack;1634133 said:
Did you put the clutch disc in the right way?

I remember looking at the service manual to make sure I did, but I guess it's a possibility. Do you know if that plate is necessary?

hurricanehyshka

Aug 4, 2005
edmonton
pretty sure the flex plate* isnt used on 1jz setups. Does you shifter feel real loose? I had a bolt snap on my shift fork in my r154, which wouldnt actually move any gears easy fix but lots of work to get to!

duntov1

Sep 5, 2007
PA
GrimJack;1634133 said:
Did you put the clutch disc in the right way?

Disc was on backwards. This is a lesson I wont soon forget :-( I've been turning wrenches for 20 years and still managed to eff this up. Glad I didn't do it on the clock :)

She's a runner, big time runner :)

Thanks for the input.
NEil

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
duntov1;1636444 said:
Disc was on backwards. This is a lesson I wont soon forget :-( I've been turning wrenches for 20 years and still managed to eff this up. Glad I didn't do it on the clock :)

She's a runner, big time runner :)

Thanks for the input.
NEil

+1 on fixing the issue! LOL i felt like such a n00b when i took my trans back out! So mad, but didn't really care as i went back in to install a lightweight FW lol

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Could be worse. We've all done something similar at least once. I neglected to blow out the head bolt holes on my 22R when I replaced the head. Head gasket popped in less than 100 miles because the oil in the head bolt holes didn't stay there, so my torque went from 70 to nada on most of 'em. Everyone was young and foolish once.