R154 Throwout bearing/ clutch release issue *Video inside*

Smashey

Dec 29, 2010
Grande Prairie
ill make sure to get it done but i cant upload the video from my phone so itll be later in the evening after i get home, but expext it to be posted her before the night ends.

Smashey

Dec 29, 2010
Grande Prairie
Correct Dan cause it wasn't in the car and i wouldn't expect my hand to pull the clutch in as effectively as a hydraulic system. that being said i agree with poodles because mine looks the same and when i hook up the slave tomorrow it better work! actually later today...

harley1985

Aug 17, 2011
killeen tx
sorry to hijack the thread, i put a spec PP with a 6 puck in my car and i seem to have a lot more play on my clutch pedal, i checked it before i put it in and it was exactly the same as the stocker. is this normal? the only real difference i saw was the 6 puck was about 1/8 slimmer than the stocker. i imagine some pedal adjustment is in order?

jaze

May 18, 2011
NY
Smashey;1881195 said:
Here is a video I took its crappy cause I had nobody to hold the light
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYZ4LyCBwuA&feature=youtube_gdata_player
I also took pictures that I can't upload till later, but they show everything clearly
hope I could help.
Matt.

i really appreciate that man. Thing is, that actually confused me more, now i don't know what to think LOL.
Dan_Gyoba;1881288 said:
That doesn't look like it's working either. I'm not seeing any movement at all in the clutch pressure plate.

X2, now im just super confused.

Poodles;1881309 said:
It's fine... you're pushing the wrong way and it's obviously your hydraulic system.

So all of this looks normal? i tried to push it in w/ a screw driver and didnt get any movement so i figured there is an issue in there.

Smashey;1881429 said:
Correct Dan cause it wasn't in the car and i wouldn't expect my hand to pull the clutch in as effectively as a hydraulic system. that being said i agree with poodles because mine looks the same and when i hook up the slave tomorrow it better work! actually later today...

keep me updated if you can, i actually tried to depress the lever with a screwdriver and it felt like it was at its maximum travel like it couldnt go anymore. Please keep me updated in your process, it would help me out infinitely!

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
You're not going to get the same pressure from a screwdriver as you will from a hydraulic ram, so if that's what your video showed, then there may be no problem. I was under the impression that the video was showing the clutch fork moving from the clutch pedal being pressed.

Expecting to move the clutch pressure plate with a screwdriver is like expecting to lift your car with a jackhandle.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Also, as this has to be said, as people seem to skip it.

ANYTIME you change any components in the clutch system, you MUST readjust the clutch pedal freeplay.

Too little freeplay and you're basicly riding the clutch causing slippage, glazing, and premature wear. Too much and the clutch isn't going to disengadge properly and you're likely to damage or wear the transmission.

steve_mk3;1881532 said:
This may help in determining if everything is correctly put together
http://www.mkiiisupra.net/bbs/showthread.php?36924-Guide-Clutch-assembly-7MGTE

Nope, that's wrong. This is the correct way (my image btw):
p1881550_1.jpg

Smashey

Dec 29, 2010
Grande Prairie
Dan_Gyoba;1881519 said:
Expecting to move the clutch pressure plate with a screwdriver is like expecting to lift your car with a jackhandle.

hilarious Dan seriously.

jaze;1881442 said:
keep me updated if you can, i actually tried to depress the lever with a screwdriver and it felt like it was at its maximum travel like it couldnt go anymore. Please keep me updated in your process, it would help me out infinitely!

i will try didnt get it done today though unfortunatly

Poodles;1881550 said:
Also, as this has to be said, as people seem to skip it.

ANYTIME you change any components in the clutch system, you MUST readjust the clutch pedal freeplay.

Too little freeplay and you're basically riding the clutch causing slippage, glazing, and premature wear. Too much and the clutch isn't going to disengage properly and you're likely to damage or wear the transmission.[/IMG]

Thanks for the reminder.