R154 removal

QuebecmkIII

Jan 27, 2009
quebec
I'm in process of removal the tranny after a clutch problem...
The driveshaft, sensor, rear mounting and starter is out but for now I have trouble with the upper baults of the bellhousing...
It has not enough space for a ratchet and with the 14mm key I cannot torque to 90 degres.
Does it have a special trick?
thank

7M-KDL

Seeking high numbers
GrimJack;1332536 said:
Loosen the engine mounts, then drop the tailshaft a bit. Put about 4 feet of extensions on and feed them from the rear over the transmission to the bolts on the top.

exactly...such a pain, but not too bad once you find those top two bolts...i had to move my starter to get to one..

7M-KDL

Seeking high numbers
ForcedTorque;1332788 said:
Please explain why? Is there a bolt hiding under your starter?

i should have edited that post...i was thinkin of when i pulled the trans...im a tard...here's a fun story along those lines: i didnt disconnect my battery before i removed the stater, and as you know its not that easy to get to while the motor is in the car (unless you have small hands/arms) and i dropped it and it hit some metal and threw some nice sparks around...scary...so, bit of advice, if you take the starter off disconnect the battery first

edit: or maybe i didnt need to remove it at all, is there some trick i didnt/dont know about?