R154 release bearing issue.

Little_Matt

Nov 29, 2009
Grantsburg
So my 1jz came with a ORC single plate and the release bearing is making some noise when I press the clutch. What I need to know is do I need to get a bearing from ORC or will a Toyota replacement work. Nengun.com list 3 different size bearings and I dont know what one I have.

Any input is greatly appreciated. Also if a Toyota bearing will work can I get a part number.

Thanks

modmonster2008

mod crazy yo!
Sep 9, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.myspace.com
MCD523.gif

The part shown above is 31231A is what u need right? The part number for that should be this: 90363-45012

Little_Matt

Nov 29, 2009
Grantsburg
A couple of friend said it was a release bearing and I really dont want to pull it out till I get the part. I need to basically pull everything out of my engine bay to pull the motor and trans. This is in my S13.

But what I really am wondering is if a Toyota bearing will work?

modmonster2008

mod crazy yo!
Sep 9, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.myspace.com
So it's a non-toyota application? Im not entirely sure about that then, but if you are running a 1j/2jz engine mated with an R154 i don't see why not, it shares the same drivetrain just a different chassis..

Little_Matt

Nov 29, 2009
Grantsburg
Yes its a 1jz in my S13. What I need to know is will a Toyota release bearing work with a ORC single plate?

ORC lists 3 different size bearings and I dont know what one my setup has.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
If it's a single plate, than it's going to be the factory setup...which has a lot of parts and if incorrectly installed will cause failure.

I don't have enough details, but it could be assembled wrong (and/or missing parts), pilot bearing is bad, or tranny is bad.