r154 pricing...

SMP142

BOHICA
Jan 5, 2006
Tacoma, WA.
you guys think $450 is a good deal for a rebuilt R154? he says its got around 1000 miles on it and everything worked fine. had some local shop install everything for him i guess. he doesnt know what all was replaced though. he said he bought a rebuild kit and took it to this place and they replaced everything. now, the first gear thrust washer doesnt come in an OEM rebuild kit does it? let me know if its worth a drive to go look at. thanks- Brian

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
In my hometown of Portland, the Transmision Exchange http://www.txchange.com/policy.htm, is asking 990 bucks for a rebuilt and tested, R154. HTH Van
SMP142;969951 said:
you guys think $450 is a good deal for a rebuilt R154? he says its got around 1000 miles on it and everything worked fine. had some local shop install everything for him i guess. he doesnt know what all was replaced though. he said he bought a rebuild kit and took it to this place and they replaced everything. now, the first gear thrust washer doesnt come in an OEM rebuild kit does it? let me know if its worth a drive to go look at. thanks- Brian

SMP142

BOHICA
Jan 5, 2006
Tacoma, WA.
yeah thats the thing i dunno how good of a rebuild it was. i would feel better if i rebuilt it myself personally. i'll see what he will take i guess....