R150 transmission swap

FuzzayD

Dec 14, 2011
christchurch
Yeah from what ive been researching the older r150 before 1994 has an input shaft that is too short. But the newer ones can be used with an r154 bell housing, but i can't find any info on spigot size rear spline count or trans total length, it also seems like you need to do a bit of work to get the clutch to work like machine an r150 trans flywheel to bolt to 7m something about a pull type clutch theres just too much miss info out there to know for sure unless some one does it.

egesledder

Mar 26, 2012
Boulder, CO
FuzzayD;1831392 said:
Yeah from what ive been researching the older r150 before 1994 has an input shaft that is too short. But the newer ones can be used with an r154 bell housing, but i can't find any info on spigot size rear spline count or trans total length, it also seems like you need to do a bit of work to get the clutch to work like machine an r150 trans flywheel to bolt to 7m something about a pull type clutch theres just too much miss info out there to know for sure unless some one does it.

I've also heard the same thing and plan on doing it in a few months. From what I've read, the r154 bellhousing can be bolted to the '96+ tacoma r150 with a .25" bellhousing spacer. The input shaft is supposedly .25" longer on the tacoma r150 than the supra r154. Can someone measure their r154 from the bellhousing mating surface to the end of the input shaft? Also, a spline count and spline cut length would be helpful. I can compare these to the tacoma r150 and post it up.

This would be using the supra pull type clutch, but as long as the bellhousing is from the supra and the input shaft length is correct, the clutch should be a non-issue.

Right now I'm just going to run my pickup's W56 behind the 7mgte to get it down the road, then start working on a R-series swap.