R-154 Vs W-58

Status
Not open for further replies.

mk3supreme

Hoes Anyone?
Jun 27, 2005
Los Angeles
How much horsepower can each hold? I know the 154 is stronger but, the problem is I have a SC300 And I will be dropping a 1JZ into it but the thing is that the supra 154 isnt long enough. The JDM Soarer R-154 has a longer tail shaft and the shifter is farther back, but it is so hard to find one of those. SO i was thinking about using a W-58 from a MKIV. What kind of rear end should I use with that combo?

rumptis

나는 제프가 당신을 사랑
Aug 16, 2005
North Vernon, IN
People have matted 2j's to w58's in MKII's and they have held up well. they should be good for 300-400 hp as long as your not crazy with it.

mk3supreme

Hoes Anyone?
Jun 27, 2005
Los Angeles
JustAnotherVictim: Dont worry why I did two post. I did it so what. Watch before you become JustAnotherVictim!!!!!!!!:evil2:

:biglaugh:

cjsupra90

previously chris90na-t
Jun 11, 2005
Lakeland, FL
Yeah, shifting habits and the clutch are what really destroy tranny's I have seen W58 hold over 400whp fine and I have also seen people blow up R154 with stock engines. Make sure that you use a sprung hup clutch and dont dump the clutch at like 4000RPM and it should hold fine.

Yes the W58 from the MK4 N/A is what you will need as the bellhousing will bolt up to the 1JZ and the shifter will be in the correct possition for the Sc300 chassis.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
and the mkiv's w58 is stronger than the mk3's.

-shaeff

JustAnotherVictim

Supramania Contributor
mk3supreme said:
JustAnotherVictim: Dont worry why I did two post. I did it so what. Watch before you become JustAnotherVictim!!!!!!!!:evil2:

:biglaugh:
What of you? I'm not worried at all.

Terrible joke :thumbsdow please spare us all the pain and never do that again.
You make a single thread I could care less hell, I might even actually help you. All you're doing is being redundant. Ask a question once, not ten times.

Status
Not open for further replies.