quistion 7k rpm's

supra88gr

Sep 10, 2008
s dub
so i made 474whp at 24 psi my tunner said that with meth injection and cams i can make over 500whp+ safely now my question is that he also said that with the cams installed i can also push the motor to 7k rpm's or a little bit more is that safe?

my mod list :
7mgte
hks mhg
arp's
gt35r
custom header
24*12*4 intercooler
custom intercooler piping
aem ems
hks dli
rc 720cc
walbro pump
custom 4in downpipe
4in downpipe back exhaust
act clutch
eibach/tokico ILL
thats of the top of my head for now
GetAttachment.aspx.jpeg

super.secret.supra.club

Supramania Contributor
Mar 22, 2007
San Diego, CA
how well was the motor taken care of? the water/meth injection is safe, the cams should be ok but, if the block is not as good condition as you think the block might be able to handle the power and RPM.

first things i would be concerned of with the block is the rods and pistons. did you do a good inspection while the head was off?

ed.d.

*ninja edit...what kind of crank do you have? 6M, 7M?

supra88gr

Sep 10, 2008
s dub
motor has been real good so far 3k miles at this power levels but i am thinking with meth and a good tune i can make the 500whp

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
Honestly as old as our powerplants are if oyu want 500+ WHP safely then you should look into some sort of internals to safeguard it, especially for 7k RPM use.

A guy I saw at gateway was running 600+ I believe 630 or so not sure it was over 600 to the wheels and he dragged it, revved it up to 7k or a lil over IIRC, he had new valves and springs, cams and then Ross pistons with a new oil pump, a larger and baffled pan, rebuilt oil squirters, he had rods not sure what brand, and he had the crank messed with and it was a 7M crank too. He had been running it for over a year at track and on weekends some too, no issues.

On a 2JZ you can get away with going for big power with lil to no internals work, but on the 7M you're just not going to go long before it decides to throw something out for you. Save up and do a good solid build with good supporting mods and a turbo for the power you want, until then enjoy what ya got, I'm stuck at 307whp and it's boring as hell. Why? because I spent 4k on tuition and 600 on purchasing a pistol I needed for the same school, so hey you make sacrifices.

Good Luck!

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
stiffer valve springs definitely, a blueprinted and balanced bottom end would definitely be nice. The stock motor will hold a lot of ponies but the question is how long do you want it to last. Your already pushing a lot, like stated 500 is just a number