Quick wiring harness question

DMB-87Supra

May 31, 2007
Northeastern Pennsylvania
I have a wiring harness that should be from an '89 Turbo Supra. How could I verify that it's a turbo harness and not an N/A although I'm about 98% sure it is? Also, the bigger question is how can I tell whether the harness is from an automatic or a manual. I'm assuming there'd be an extra connector(s) on the auto? If someone could lend some help as to describing how to go about figuring it out, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Darrin

NTRA08

TWINKY
Jun 10, 2008
Conroe, Texas
A turbo harness will have 5 pin connector for the AFM and I think the N/A has a 6 or 7 pin for the AFM. The auto harness will have a few extra round plugs by the egr vsv plugs. The M/T does not.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
Kinda related...what's the dif in the auto-manual on the ecu side of the harness!

I'm also under the understanding that you can use an auto harness in a manual car..?

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Auto harness will have an extra plug for the auto tranny.

For a manual car, you can use an auto OR a manual harness, and an auto OR a manual ECU.

For an auto car, you MUST use an auto ECU AND auto harness.

DMB-87Supra

May 31, 2007
Northeastern Pennsylvania
Just out of curiousity, would these be the plugs for an automatic trans or?

2znsguq.jpg

Thanks in advance.

paradox616

Sep 12, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
gaboonviper85;1448280 said:
Kinda related...what's the dif in the auto-manual on the ecu side of the harness!

I'm also under the understanding that you can use an auto harness in a manual car..?

i'm using a auto harness with a manual my O/D light flashes on the dash (no over drive and it atleast says M/T on the TCCS) it has a few round plugs and one has a loop back, i have no reverse light but i'm removing the whole loom soon for my aftermarket ecu so ill fix that!,