Quick auto tranny help needed

Stretch

Tallest MK3 driver ever!!
Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
I've got this thing separated from the engine but the speedo cable is still attached. I took off the bolt holding the end to the tranny, and the bolt holding the cable to the top of tranny, and I tried pulling the cable out and it's not coming, like it's attached from the inside. I tried twisting and nothing still. How do I take it out? I would like to know asap :icon_bigg as it's helping hold the tranny up still heh. Not good.
eric

Who

Supramania Contributor
On my 89 auto the speedo cable runs along the passenger side frame. When it crosses over the exhaust near the rear of the tranny there is a connector that you unscrew and the cable comes apart into two sections.

Stretch

Tallest MK3 driver ever!!
Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Aw crap, you just reminded me i was talking about the wrong cable hahaa. I'm refering to the one the runs along the top of the tranny. It's the throttle linkage I think. The cable goes from the throttle right down to the tranny. I was confused as to how it comes out if I can't pull the end out of the tranny. Do you know this one also?
eric

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Kickdown cable.

As I'm not auto I don't know, but the TSRM shows it as being disconnected up top, not at the transmission...