Quick after work pull With a Buick T Type(GNX)

ml43

Feb 12, 2009
HI
did a quick pull with my co worker after work from a roll to about 110mph had him by a door if that till about 80, then from 80-110 i had him by about 2-3 car lengths

his mods:
hallman pro boost controller(10-11psi)
60lb/min injectors
Cotton sports chip
dual 3" cat back
255lph walbro
fuel psi regulator

my mods:
NA Cams
57 trim ct26 10 degree exhaust clip
forge boost controller(13-14psi)
ebay DDP
3" cat back
700cc injectors
Walbro 255lph
mapecu

I have yet to dyno with my new turbo and piggy back, but with a full stock motor I made 249whp on a dynapack, I would guess I am at about 300whp, hoping for about 350-375whp@18psi with a tune

side note:
those things are pretty quick for an OHV motor :icon_bigg

Last edited:

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
GNx's are crazy machines. I have drove a regular 87 grand national, and that was dam fast I can just imagine what a GNx feels like

ml43

Feb 12, 2009
HI
I believe the T stands for turbo cause my co workers car is a hard top,

But yeah the T Type has the same motor and turbo as a GNX, i think it has the same trans as well, just a slightly smaller rear end, and it came in different colors

nick88

JayHall's Hero
May 10, 2009
Des Moines, Iowa, United States
Alright, they all have the same motor/trans/rear-end, the turbo and ecu is the only difference between the gn/t type and gnx. There are also just turbo regals. I have seen/ridden in every one but a gnx they are fast as fuck for being 24 years old and still mostly stock. It is definatly not the same turbo, unless it is upgraded, as the gnx as there was only 547 GNX's ever made and had a special turbo made by garett.

ml43

Feb 12, 2009
HI
ahh i see, yeah idk the actual specifics, but yeah they are pretty quick. I did a pull with him when both our cars were stock, he used to jump me by 3 car lengths till about 40-50mph then I would pass him at about 80-90mph hitting fuel cut

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
GN's and T-types are exactly the same except T-types could be had in different colors. All GN's and GNX's were black. Years 86 & 87 were the only ones intercooled. GNX's had a little more horsepower (underrated) thanks to a different turbo and I believe a re-mapped ECU. They also had upgraded suspension, some body mods, mesh style rims, and interior goodies. All turbo Regals had a 200r4 tranny.
Here's some fun facts. http://www.gnttype.org/general/product.html http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buick_Regal

What year, color, trim is your friends turbo Regal? I doubt it's a real GNX. Oh, and GNX's they could run mid 13's bone stock.

ml43

Feb 12, 2009
HI
yeah its not a real GNX, I just put that in in case some didn't know what the hell I was talking about

believe its an 86 T Type, in white

its pretty mean, 87k original miles, his dad is the first owner. His younger brother drives a typhoon :)

ml43

Feb 12, 2009
HI
yeah, it was pretty fun

I just had my car tuned, and increased the boost a little, I was actually only at 11psi for this run, boost is now at 14psi@340whp.

Currently waiting for my coworker to install his DP & external wastegate before we go at it again

ml43

Feb 12, 2009
HI
Mike Morris;1551972 said:
Nice kill
Thank goodness you didn't race from a stop. They can hook pretty well even on street tires at that power level

yeah, I will never race a muscle car with an auto trans from a dig, thats just asking to get your ass handed.

I'm currently running a drift setup with like -3 camber in the rear, so I can't really hook it up from a dig either