questions

SupraNBama

Apr 1, 2005
Anniston,Alabama
hey whats up everyone? ok to get u update to date ive been doing a jdm 7mgte swap ....i had a 7mgte in it .....well ive got it almost done and started working on the flywheel,tranny,clutch,pressure plate...well i got everything hooked up but the tranny and when i went to put the tranny and hook it up it wouldnt go on all the way,... so i start looking to see if i had something in the way...but i noticed the shaft wasnt going in all the way...i had gotten a new piolet bearing for it and put it in...well the piolet was to small...i was like what in the world is going on so i start checking the backside of my stock motor and the jdm ...my bearing on my stock motor was a good deal bigger than the one i put in the jdm one...well i then remembered that the jdm motor was hooked up to a automatic tranny....is there a difference in the backsides of the cranks? will i have to change cranks? or is their some other way to do this without swapping the cranks over? any info would help alot....

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
ok the jdm auto engines... they dont come with a pilot bearing...so you say you bought one and put it in...you also need to pull off the little "spacer" they have...its a small circle around the input area with a bunch of circles in it... kinda looks like a mini auto flexplate...

that shouldnt be there...

after that...if youre trying to get them to line up with the tranny in the car and the engine on a hoist benig dropped in... GOOD LUCK...lol assuming you have the right pilot bearing and that spacer out... its basically luck of the draw and just wiggling it around until the input shaft slides in correctly...

ive done it like that twice...first time too me about 3 hours to get it lined up so it finally went in....seconid time i got lucky and it took all of 5 minutes for it to slide in...after that i realized its MUCH easier in the long run to just pull the tranny in and ot with the engnie ;)

good luck :D

SupraNBama

Apr 1, 2005
Anniston,Alabama
i have the right piolet bearing by the book...i work at federal mogul and got the number right here....the motor and tranny are out of the car at the moment....the piolet bearing center piece where u put the input shaft thru is to small and the shaft wont go in....

SupraNBama

Apr 1, 2005
Anniston,Alabama
its the right piolet bearing....the whole back side of the crank where the input shaft goes into is smaller than my stock crank......u got aim....if u do aim me at lostsolnweaver