Questions on brake calipers

mirage83

Mar 21, 2008
Georgia
First, does anyone have a good source for OEM or equivalent quality calipers other than Champion, etc.? $300+ per caliper is a little more than I can go right this minute.

Second, are the caliper rebuild kits through Champion sufficient to fix at least most of the problems old calipers might have? Anyone used them on their cars?

The calipers on the car I'm rebuilding have 186k on them, and I want to make sure that they are all as close to 100% as possible before I drive it if I can't afford to replace them all outright. Thanks for any info...

RockPaperSwoRD

I have aCustom User Title
Jul 26, 2008
SanAntonio
mirage83;1135342 said:
First, does anyone have a good source for OEM or equivalent quality calipers other than Champion, etc.? $300+ per caliper is a little more than I can go right this minute.

Second, are the caliper rebuild kits through Champion sufficient to fix at least most of the problems old calipers might have? Anyone used them on their cars?

The calipers on the car I'm rebuilding have 186k on them, and I want to make sure that they are all as close to 100% as possible before I drive it if I can't afford to replace them all outright. Thanks for any info...

if something goes out, dont replace it, upgrade it. get wilwood bigbrakes

mirage83

Mar 21, 2008
Georgia
RockPaperSwoRD;1135358 said:
if something goes out, dont replace it, upgrade it. get wilwood bigbrakes

If I could afford to do a Wilwood conversion I wouldn't be worrying about $300 oem calipers. :icon_bigg Wilwood is a good option for those interested in or needing serious stopping power, but for my mostly stock DD I don't envision needing that kind of setup.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
i got remanufactured (sp) calipers for like 60$ from toyota ask for those instead of new. you have to have core exchange for that price and it was employee discount but 80 90 at most for reg price. if your going through champion it should be around 60 70 i think check tho