Question to the wise ones

redmk3turbo

The King
Feb 7, 2009
Plainwell, MI
So i would like to put a 2j style intake manifold onto my 7M, but im running into problems thinking of where all the stock hoses and other things will go. And is it a smart choice to make. Off of suprasport ive found there 2j manifold and i know that i will need a new alternator relocater bracket but does any one else know what other things i will need besides a different intercooler. And would this manifold off of ebay work. Ive tried to research but i dont want to get in to deep over my head, and not be able to finish it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/toyo...m7QQcategoryZ36474QQihZ018QQitemZ280398428552

cjsupra90

previously chris90na-t
Jun 11, 2005
Lakeland, FL
As Kevin said, there is no IAC flange on the Ebay one, but that could be added easily if you know someone with an A/C TIG. The Volocity stacks in it arent the greatest. Yes they are better then none but thier radius looks tiny in the pics that they have. oh and some form of cable support bracket will have to be made too.

other things that you'll need are obviously a TB to match the intake and possibly a different throttle cable along with the alt bracket that you are already aware of. Other then that, there isn't much else that I can think of off hand that you'd need.