Question on my spoiler....

mrnickleye

Love My Daily Driver !
Jun 8, 2005
Mojave Desert, Ca
Well, then, NOW, after this interesting debate, and with too much time spent searching, I do concede. It appears spoiler was not part of the sport package.

BUT....I sold vehicles at Toyota (and Dodge) from '97-'00. I ordered cars from the factory with option pkgs, and I ordered them with just certain options, such as just the spoiler. I don't know for sure about the MKIIIs, but perhaps most of the spoilers were ordered 'installed' from the factory by the dealers themselves. The back glass would be the same, as they would not have swapped it out.

This has been a good thread and was well worth the banter, as this has helped me further hone my searching skills, and bookmark some interesting supra sites.

group a supra

SPAWNING AN INTERCEPTOR
mrnickleye said:
Well, then, NOW, after this interesting debate, and with too much time spent searching, I do concede. It appears spoiler was not part of the sport package.

BUT....I sold vehicles at Toyota (and Dodge) from '97-'00. I ordered cars from the factory with option pkgs, and I ordered them with just certain options, such as just the spoiler. I don't know for sure about the MKIIIs, but perhaps most of the spoilers were ordered 'installed' from the factory by the dealers themselves. The back glass would be the same, as they would not have swapped it out.

This has been a good thread and was well worth the banter, as this has helped me further hone my searching skills, and bookmark some interesting supra sites.

looks like a uk n/a spoiler to me which was standard here as uk cars had really high spec and not many options

grsupra87

Let's go Pens!!
Thanks for all the feedback guys. I have learned ALOT. Thanks also for the compliment mrnickleye...it isn't show ready yet! It photographs well haha. I have to say to, Albertmdh that you may be right! Now that you say that, it DOES look like a firebird spoiler. I like how it fits and looks, but I would've never guessed that, but I think you've solved it. Now, should I change it? I think its OK, but I want to do things right with this car. Opinions? Thanks.

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
grsupra87 said:
Thanks for all the feedback guys. I have learned ALOT. Thanks also for the compliment mrnickleye...it isn't show ready yet! It photographs well haha. I have to say to, Albertmdh that you may be right! Now that you say that, it DOES look like a firebird spoiler. I like how it fits and looks, but I would've never guessed that, but I think you've solved it. Now, should I change it? I think its OK, but I want to do things right with this car. Opinions? Thanks.
change to a 3 piece one :bigun2: :stickpoke

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
Bah, of course the 3-piece is fine on an earlier model, it looks fantastic IMO.

How can you say no to this:
exterior6.jpg

:D

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
in this very rare occasion, I'll have to agree that 3 piece is very nice.. BUT, i've seen many that dont. and just out of personal preferance, they're not my style.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
mrnickleye said:
Jeff, I'm suprised, you usually got your shit straight, which I really appreciate. But...as IJ said, and here in USA too, spoiler came with the sports pkg. But hey, I love ya anyway!

And hey, grsupra87, that is REALLY a great looking car. I'd bet if the interior and underhood is as nice, you could easily take home the trophy at a show.

i've got an N/A sports package, and never had a spoiler. thank god...

-shaeff