question on hose

bandit

supra enthusiast
May 16, 2005
southeast missouri
the hose that comes off the cam cover and goes under the alt. is the one in question. i took it off to remove the camcovers to paint em and the hose was brittle. does it have to or need to be a preformed hose or will a regular hose work? does anyone know what size this hose is?

again im sayin thanks to everyone who helped me on my supra problems this weekend, you all helped so muck and the car is going again :burnout: except for the broken hose.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
It has 2 different sized end Bandit so a new stock one is best!
(I made an adaptor to use normal hose ages ago as Toyota weren't open on the weekend when I needed it and ran it for 100.000 kms then in the last rebuild I finally got around to replacing it)

miggles

i wasnt speeding officer
Jun 3, 2005
perth West Australia
mine has gone hard too and im intrested if you can use a same diameter hose.Im sure ig to a spare lying around but its probably gone hard too.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
Sorry can't remember what it cost but knowing Toyota it was expensive for a piece of rubber!

The Adaptor I made was just a piece of aluminium centre bored then turned to suit the 2 different sizes nothing fancy as it was only menat to be on there till Monday ;) (well 8 years from Monday as it turned out)

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
LMAO not even sure where it is I'll have a look and see if I can find it!
<edit> Just went out and had a look I might have chucked it out! DOH

If it turns up it's yours!
(from memory I used a stock hose with the large brittle end chopped off and replaced with the adaptor and a short piece of the larger size hose)

Last edited:

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
that little baby should run about $28*(list price)*
part number 12263-42010

now that's just a block breather hose, correct?
i may have an idea.

miggles

i wasnt speeding officer
Jun 3, 2005
perth West Australia
IJ: Cheers big ears.Will it give me extra 5hp? and do i get a "powered by IJ" sticker like the jap parts?rofl.I think i get a new one.
so in AUD$79.90 + 3week wait Ex japan with full payment upfront haha.

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
I replaced mine with a 3/4 in piece of hose (as I remember) and I think I put a spring in the middle to keep it from collapsing. Anyways, I haven't had any problems. For what it's worth.
I probably would have bought it but the dealers around here never have anything in stock and as I recall the old hose was split and was getting my cam cover messy.(Couldn't have that! ) :nono:

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
for *most* hoses, it's just better to cough up the money to the dealer. it fits perfectly, and will last you another 10-15 years...

-shaeff