Question about the Rice

born2drv

Banned
Nov 1, 2005
Burbank, CA
Why is it ricey for a mk3 supra to have anything on it except a whaletail but it's cool for a mk4 supra to look like an evo or some other super-rice mobile?

born2drv

Banned
Nov 1, 2005
Burbank, CA
btw, i searched for some nice rice pics on google and i found this one....

053081.jpg

this one was pretty cool too LOOOL
052951.jpg

052961.jpg

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
Downforce bro. I would think its like that because 1, the MK4s are a pop culture icon. If it looked like that in the fast and the furious it must be okay. And 2 our MK3s are so clean and awesome looking stock they dont need anything else. (that obviously wasn't oppinionated.)

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
born2drv said:
Why is it ricey for a mk3 supra to have anything on it except a whaletail but it's cool for a mk4 supra to look like an evo or some other super-rice mobile?

Here is how I feel about it.:rant2: I think that the car stands out so much on it's own, that the ''big wings' and body kits aren't necessary, to make it look better. I also think that because there are so many ricey looking honda's, and the like, that MkIII Supra owners frown on any kind of mod that equates them to what "the ricers" do.:ugh: :ugh2: :thumbsdow That, of course is just my opinion,:aigo: and I could be wrong!:icon_razz :biglaugh:

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Sunnyvale, CA
jefflange.ca
Because different styles of cars look good with different types of accessories. The style of a spoiler must match the style of the rest of the car.

Spoilers that look good on MKIV's don't usually look good on MKIII's. The same way a MKIII spoiler wouldn't look good on a MKII.

Brewster

So it goes.
Apr 15, 2005
Morgantown, WV
Loki said:
It's not ok for the MKIV to look like that, it's barely ok for the MKIV to have it's stock wing...yucky.....

agreed.

that boxy evo looking wing looks dumb. i hate it, but so many people have it.. doesn't flow with the mkiv lines at all.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
EVO's are not rice.
Basically, MK3's are so well styled from the factory, that anything other than a lip and mild bodykits look wrong IMO.

My proposed "kit" is either the GReddy front or simply a Bomex lip, Kaminari sides, _________ rear skirts. (hiro if i can find them)
then later, I want to put S2 "blister fenders".
Rice is only rice when you don't have the power to back it up.

Brewster: I still love the 2nd pic in the sig. It's like the engine shook off the shell like a dog does with water on his fur.