Question about the Momo steering wheel hub

toms_supra

Supra Lover
Jul 24, 2005
Langley Canada
Hey guys goin to be installing a momo steering wheel on my 1987. Im just wondering what part # did u guys use? momo calls for a 7713 but i have heard u might need to do some modifying? My horn already dosnt work so im not worried about that. I just wanna kno which is the correct one that everyone has used without much trouble. And also wat other models part # work well with out mk3 supras. Any help would be great please and thanks.

k20maniac

Feb 8, 2009
somewhere
i am running that same part number with no problems, thats the one that comes on the jza70r in japan so you shouldnt have any issues.

gats

Rebuilding... Slowly!
Mar 3, 2009
Sydney, NSW
Taken from SF.com.au...
http://www.supraforums.com.au/forum/mkii-mkiii-discussion/23734-boss-kit-help.html

gats said:
Just put a momo on my car, what I did was remove the cruise control all together as it dosen't work which includes removing the slip contact ring which mounts to the front of the combination switch. Then using a combination switch I got from a 88 ST162 Celica, I took the spring loaded horn contact out of that switch and placed it through the hole in the Supra switch and wired it back to the loom.

The momo boss kit you need is Part No. 7715 which is actually meant for Celicas and Landcruisers. This boss kit has the same splines, the horn contact ring contacts the horn contact correctly and even the indicators cancel properly! This boss kit is a bit long, it does move the wheel a bit further (like 15-20mm or so) away from the indicator stalk but apart from that its all good
And the best thing with the momo hubs is that they are collapsible, so they are legal!!!

I originally tried with a momo boss kit Part No. 7713 which also fits some Celicas, this one is the perfect length for A70's, but the indicators wouldn't cancel which drove me up the wall. If you wanna try it however, make me an offer its just sitting in the shed doing nothing...

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Im using a momo adapter with no issues.

If you want the horn to work need to remove the connector on the clock spring and connect the wire. Trim the connector more so as the hub won't go on with the connector there.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
There's also the issue with signals not cancelling after turning. My 86.5 has the Momo TT-R wheel on it, and I have to manually move the signal stalk back after a turn.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
RazoE;1824630 said:
There's also the issue with signals not cancelling after turning. My 86.5 has the Momo TT-R wheel on it, and I have to manually move the signal stalk back after a turn.

Ya I had that working for like 2 months and then the plastic tabs broke off. Now they only work sometimes.

toms_supra

Supra Lover
Jul 24, 2005
Langley Canada
thanks guys! i ended up using the momo 7715 like grimjack said. Momo calls for 7713 for our cars but the signal auto cancel dosnt line up so the 7715 is the actual one that works properly