Question about Seat "frame bracing" removal

thorpedo

Apr 30, 2009
Wolfville, Nova Scotia
I recently installed a set of aftermarket seats and while making my brackets I kept the seats as LOW as possible while bolting into the stock location. I wanted to remove the cross braces that are welded to the floor/rockers/tunnel but to be honest I wasn't entirely sure if removing it would impact the structural rigidity of the uni body in some way. If you're insure what I'm talking about, look at post #4 in this thread.

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?78426-project-who-said-supras-are-to-heavy-for-track-cars

Well after being in the car a fair amount I've decided they still sit too high. What are people's opinions on removing that part of the "unibody"? (yeah I'm not entirely sure what to call it, feel free to fill me in on that too) Can anyone think of a way I could add bracing somewhere else to compensate if it is concluded that it may affect the rigidity?

Edit: Also, I'll be using this car as a weekend driver with some 1/4 mile runs and a few autocross events.

Thanks in advance,

Devon

Last edited:

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
better check with your scca official before cutting them out, dont know that the rules will allow removing a unibody brace