question about fluidyne radiator cap

mk3sons

Sep 23, 2009
New Hampsire
Well my car came with a fluidyne radiator but it never built up any pressure. So I am thinking i need a new cap. my question is do i get a stock supra one or do i have to get a fluidyne one? I have done some searching but it didn't help any.

mk3sons

Sep 23, 2009
New Hampsire
SideWinderGX;1558832 said:
Just get a stock cap, 13 lbs. No difference between the two besides the spring pressure...fluidyne is higher than 13 lbs and you'll find leaks easier, I sure did.

thanks dude just didn't know if stock were the same or not.

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Perhaps it's different with the Fluidyne rad but with my Koyo rad I had to get a totally different cap. I found the cap of a GE fit it but not the cap off my GTE. Ended up buying a brand new one anyways, but make sure the one you get will fit.

SideWinderGX

Aug 8, 2007
Syracuse, New York, United States
Koyo's are different? Huh, wouldn't have thought that.

I have a Fluidyne rad myself and after I got pissed that all the hoses kept popping went down to a stock 13 lb cap that I bought from Napa, it fit like it should.

Best idea is to bring in the rad cap when you buy the new one and compare.

mk3sons

Sep 23, 2009
New Hampsire
okay well i bought a new cap (seemed to fit right.) and it went from building no pressure to building to much. I am getting coolant out of the overflow tank :(. I used a block tester no bhg! so any ideas what would cause this?