Quality of Probe Pistons?

jonny87turbo

Dec 9, 2006
ohio
I was thinking about purchasing probe pistons and i wanted to know if any one had some input on there quality good or bad ?

turbodriz

mk3 onwer
Feb 25, 2006
newyork....N.c
I had asked the same question. Most of the guys who have probe pistons are either
A. Not done with the build yet.
B. Are not pushing the car to the testing point yet.

selfinfliction

Dec 11, 2007
ky
seeing them in person, they looked pretty good quality. haven't fired them up yet, will be pushing 500+hp through the engine. if they hold up for a year in my car, they are some good pistons, cause they're gonna have a rough life :biglaugh:

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
I'm looking forward to Doward finishing his build and testing the limits. I know of at least one guy with them running in their car but I can't recall their power levels off hand.

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
I've had my car running with Probe pistons for about two weeks now, put 1,500 miles on them. So far so good, but I'm not pushing the limits yet.
For mods it's mostly just
BIC DDP
3" exhaust, intake
Hardpipes and IC, around 10psi for now.
But these will see around 500hp when I get around to installing the MAFTPro and GT4088.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
MassSupra89;936489 said:
I've had my car running with Probe pistons for about two weeks now, put 1,500 miles on them. So far so good, but I'm not pushing the limits yet.
For mods it's mostly just
BIC DDP
3" exhaust, intake
Hardpipes and IC, around 10psi for now.
But these will see around 500hp when I get around to installing the MAFTPro and GT4088.

what piston to wall clearance did you run???

Alpinesupra

Cars never talk back
Apr 6, 2005
mckinney, tx
they should hold up just fine at high hp levels, because they have been around for a long time building pistons and such for american v8's esspecially fords and i know a guy with a notch back fox body with a built 408, procharger, and nitrous pushing well into the 800whp range and iirc he's useing probe pistons.
i wouldnt expect them to make their pistons for our motor any less better than what they do for the v8's.

thanks
-sean

holdbrooks

Aug 24, 2006
Alaslama
no slap on startupusing their specs. been up and running since about 2weeks after delivery and over 4,000 miles. i am running 11psi on a 57 trim, lex, 550, and turbo back exhaust. i am halfway done installing ic hard pipes and a 4" ic along with the maft pro on speed density w/ boos tcontrol. and hope to have that finished this weekend. then i will get some more inf when i go to the dyno afterwards. i plan to push the 57 trim to the max while i save up for a bigger turbo this summer.

i also am using crower rods, arp everything and a fidenza flywheel with the stock head.