Quality gasket sets?

RaiderRC

Dec 11, 2005
Beaverton
I was wondering if the ebay gasket sets are any good. I've heard good things about EVERGREEN/NAKAMOTO, but wondered if any has had any problems with there head gaskets? or suggest anyone else?

Twigger

Ahhh Yeah!!
Mar 30, 2005
OlyWA
I used the stone ishino gasket set on my NA motor, but I heard the valve stem seals will start leaking after 10-15,000 miles with a lot of those kits. I went with the OEM stuff on my turbo motors.

madseacow

Apr 2, 2005
Buda, Tx
corteco. came with EVERYTHING!! including valve shims and injector rings.... a bit pricey but if you know anything about corteco you'll know why.

madseacow

Apr 2, 2005
Buda, Tx
vans, not sure if you have vans but you should be able to find them @ any quality auto parts shop (vato zone not so much). edelbrock just signed up with them, only making warranty available if used in conjunction with them.

paddlenbike

Apr 6, 2005
Northern CA
Twigger said:
I used the stone ishino gasket set on my NA motor, but I heard the valve stem seals will start leaking after 10-15,000 miles with a lot of those kits. I went with the OEM stuff on my turbo motors.

I have a set of brand-new OEM Toyota valve stem seals for sale if anyone is interested. Email me at paddlenbike@yahoo.com

mrnickleye

Love My Daily Driver !
Jun 8, 2005
Mojave Desert, Ca
Ishino is OEM for Toyota, and most Japanese engines. Stone puts their name on the packages.

My n/a set was $155, online.

Also, make a friend of someone in the local Toy dealer parts dept. so you can get the 'net' price, usually 20% off list. Or his cost, which is 10% over what dealer pays.:biglaugh:

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
madseacow said:
well if they knew what they're engines needed we wouldn't be having to fix it in the first place would we?

Seriously? Yeah, man... Toyota has no idea what they're doing. I mean, after 15+ years, a turbocharged engine putting out more than factory ratings should last forever in it's original state.

/sarcasm.