Q45/7m tps adaptor

oldsking

Mar 19, 2009
Chapel Hill, NC
Pics I do not have but I can tell how I did it. Very carefully drill a hole in the center of the shaft after you remove the q45 tps, when you buy the kit the screw has the exact thread pitch and size so you can tap it after usinga metric tap set. After you have that you install it, I used a bit of locktite to hold the screw in and thats it :) It will come with the screws which will be long to bolt down you tps, adjust that and its done. Mine has worked great for the past year

juggernaut

Jul 9, 2006
South Carolina
Cool thanks..so once this is done I will be able to use my stock tps and plug w/o any spliced wires correct. did the kit come with instructions?

oldsking

Mar 19, 2009
Chapel Hill, NC
Yeah your goal here is to retain your stock sensor so yeah no wiring needed. I bought mine directly from wezbeech and they had instructions so driftmotion buys through him so you should be fine

spoolme

supra4umsfreak
May 9, 2005
Roswell, NM
sorry to bring up this old thread, but i have issues with my 7m tps and the q45 TB. i read on beechperformance site it says you need to use the shaft or something out of the stock throttle body...

Does ANYONE have any information on this? Or any pics of how they got theirs to work correctly as mine seems to NEVER stay in adjustment and i used the drill a hole an use a screw and i used jb weld to hold it in place. My car sputters and runs crappy.

I couldnt get my q45 tps to work correctly either when i put it all together last year.

any info would be appreciated. thanks