PUSHBUTTON START - crispicturestory...

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
p723150_1.jpg

Well, after many years of aggrevation with starting issues, and too many repairs that didn't address the root cause... I did the unthinkable. CHEAT!:biglaugh:

Here is the basic picturestory to tell the tale... (I could, but some people don't like to read all that... )

p723150_2.jpg

p723150_3.jpg

^^^ The OEM trigger lead is replaced by this "insulated" blade-connector, which fits MORE SNUG and SECURE than the old connector...

p723150_4.jpg

I pulled stuff apart to make a mount after some shopping at the local auto store.

p723150_5.jpg

Finally settled on this "low dollar" push-button. It had decent looking "features" (if such a thing exists...) and appeared robust enough for my needs, appropriate for the mount I had in mind, and keeping with my "subtle/stealth" theme... as part of the install objective.

p723150_6.jpg

^^^ Once in, you still don't immediately notice the rubber button in the lighter socket area...

p723150_7.jpg

NEXT, I added the "cheeeezy" and obnoxiously obvious BIG, RED, JET-FIGHTER switch... uh... are you SERIOUS!!!???

.....BWAAAAAAAHHHHHHhhhhhh ha ha ha ha!!!:evil3:

STARTING THE CAR:

As with any other supra... insert your key into the ignition and rotate it to the "ON" position... (no need to turn further... and if you do, there will be no response, accepting the starter relay "click" in the right front kick panel...:icon_surp )

Ignition circuit is now "ACTIVE"!

CALL OUT "CHECK"!!!!!:bigthumb:

p723150_8.jpg

^^^ Lift the COVER to the "JET FIGHTER SWITCH"!

"CHECK"!!!!!:bigthumb:

p723150_9.jpg

^^^ ENERGIZE THE HOT-START-CIRCUIT!

"CHECK"!!!!!:bigthumb:

p723150_10.jpg

PUSH BUTTON>>>>>>>> WHIRRR..WHIRRR...WHIRRR--VROOOOMMmmmmmm!

...ENGINE START! "CHECK"!!!!!:bigthumb:

p723150_11.jpg

^^^ HOT START CIRCUIT disengaged...

CHECK?????:ugh2:

...you get the picture...:nuts:

-crisp

Last edited:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
This is Suprahero requesting a flyby............:biglaugh:

Reminds me of sunday afternoon watching Nascar.............Gentlemen, start your supras.

crisp

May 25, 2007
Ohio
Jeff Lange said:
Wow... what a terrible way to setup the starter circuit, lol.

Awesome. Terrible too.

RISK is such a COLORFUL concept...:naughty:

-crisp

crisp

May 25, 2007
Ohio
LilMiss: thank you!

IJ: CORRECT! (It is a simple matter to allow BOTH circuits, and LEAVE the ignition start operational. Only use the JET-FIGHTER-REDUNDANCY for effect, etc...)

...at the same time, the singular condition that DOES allow the start now, is both functional, and deliberate in it's design... a sort of "puzzle", perhaps?

OK, okay... maybe more a SHOW!:drink1:

(Good for "stumping" would be thiefs or joy-riders... if such should ever arise. You KNOW in vehicles like these it becomes a TICKING TIME BOMB in the hands of someone "driving it like they stole' it...")

In reality, it's a quick "turn, flip, flip, push, flip"... a moment in the life of crisp.:boink:

JustAnotherVictim: Work? no. a RITUAL? ...aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

yes.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........

...next I'll have to add the CALENDAR feature for time-travel... and a FLUX CAPACITOR, of COURSE!

-crisp

zachm611

Beauty In Disguise
Apr 15, 2006
new mexico
nice work looks much better then my pushbutton start lol. as i too have no other choice lol the key doesnt work to start but i start mine the same way as yours minus the flip switch thing

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
I'm far too anal about thing working the way they should to do that...

I pay heavily for things to work right, and I'm not made of money :3d_frown: